Thread: HW40 Trigger(?) Problem

HW40 Trigger(?) Problem

I've cocked it with a pellet and taken the safety off, then when I pull the trigger, nothing happens.

I can't open it back up because the lever locks in place once it's cocked. I honestly didn't note if it took in air when I cocked it.

The trigger feels flimsy and goes straight through without any real resistance, no points where there's an obvious pull where it should fire. The safety wedged off (i.e. fire), but giving the gun a shake made it able to be moved back into place.

The guy in the shop opened it (apparently pull hard enough and it'll open while it's cocked) and got the pellet out, apparently the trigger's got problems as it wasn't going through two stages when he was dry firing it in the shop.

Any ideas if this is the trigger or what else could be causing it?

Thom

Most of the trigger assembly is accessible with the "grips" removed. You should get a better idea of whats wrong once you look inside

Andy Y
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

hw40

As above,check the spring inside the grip

See if this link helps at all.

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/HW40Review/

Atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

If you are getting compression but no dischange... possibly a broken hammer spring. A 5 minute job to replace.

If you are not getting compression... possibly misaligned internal parts (2438 & 2439) allowing overlap rather than movement.

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbayt.../#PARTSDIAGRAM

Cheers,
    Todd

Got it back today, it was the trigger.

He said it looked like someone had been messing with the trigger (while eyeing me up suspiciously! ) so I dunno what's happened. Maybe it just wasn't tightened from the factory or something, seems ok now though. Not tried it yet, but I'll have a go tomorrow and see how it fares.