Thread: Bummer

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Bummer

Up until today I always used to take my old hammer gun out to blow (or to try to) a few clays down.

Today I was stopped because of complaints that have been lodged recently, over noise.

70gn of FFFg is noisy, I must admit but the nearest houses are around 2 miles away. However, I must respect the position that the clay ground finds itself in and not use BP there any more. I don't want to get them shut down.

Just a sign of the times I suppose .
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Yes, very sad to see this, especially in the country known for fine old doubles.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Very sad!

Can’t your club negotiate with the local residents to shoot louder guns on a certain day(s) at particular times?

It’s usually the ‘thin end of the wedge’ when clubs succumb to every complaint – also, and just out of interest, which was there first: the club or the residents?
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'