Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baikal Makarov MP654K

Got mine a couple of weeks ago Chip, general opinion is to use lead bb's only.
    Got mine on order.
    just fitting my new Drodz barrel for a tryout.

atb
    Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Hi Firestorm
    Looks like i need to order some of these.
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=401&pic=0

Why change the barrel for a drozd barrel, is it a straight swap or is some modification required.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

that's the right ones though you will get a quite a few jams with the lead as they deform in the mag, the steel BBs will not harm your barrel (the ones that come with it are badly made and best left in the bag), the Drozd has the same barrel only longer,(Its a straight swap, though sticks out the front about 3.5" and gives an increase in power) in theory the hardened balls should cause damage but in practice it doesn't in fact if you are using copper coated BBs and examine one after its been fired into something soft you will see the copper has not even hardly been broken through..the guys over in the states put thousands of rounds through the Drozd at 1200 RPM on full auto. and the barrel is still fine.
    Last edited by vfrkid; 29-09-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    They do have them on the shelf. They tempt me all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 01 View Post
    They do have them on the shelf. They tempt me all the time
    Your joking ...right?

You could buy a pistols at £99 and keep the mag..how much would one go for minus a mag...£60? a s/h complete pistol sold for £110 the other day.

I paid £90 new, for my mak

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I paid £90 new, for my mak
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ghlight=baikal

I saw this thread when it was first posted, But did not want to say anything in case it was seen as interfering with a sale. Dont want to get banned.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I saw this thread when it was first posted, But did not want to say anything in case it was seen as interfering with a sale. Dont want to get banned.
    I've seen a few ads where they're charging higher prices than brand new, but you're not allowed to say anything coz it's "not fair to the seller".

I was biting my lip as well

bbs

I use the gamo lead bbs in mine and hav,nt had any probs.
    Brian
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by vfrkid View Post
    that's the right ones though you will get a quite a few jams with the lead as they deform in the mag, the steel BBs will not harm your barrel (the ones that come with it are badly made and best left in the bag), the Drozd has the same barrel only longer,(Its a straight swap, though sticks out the front about 3.5" and gives an increase in power) in theory the hardened balls should cause damage but in practice it doesn't in fact if you are using copper coated BBs and examine one after its been fired into something soft you will see the copper has not even hardly been broken through..the guys over in the states put thousands of rounds through the Drozd at 1200 RPM on full auto. and the barrel is still fine.
    I have quite an early model of this gun, where the barrel is welded in, so cannot be unscrewed or replaced.

The copper bb's are slightly smaller than the gamo rounds, the gamo's actually being a true 4.5mm calibre, while the copper bb's varied somewhat, gnerally around 4.4mm.

I found that the magazine would not easily take the gamo round balls, as filling hole was slightly smaller, so I took it apart and polished it out using diamond paste until they would easily load.

I also replaced the valve spring with a lighter one, which upped the power considerably, but always found that I would get some misfeeds due to the lead balls being so soft.

My solution was to load a copper coated bb at the bottom of the mag, and reduce the amount of gamo rounds in the magazine to 8 or 9, which ensured there was less spring pressure on them, preventing the deformation of the bb's.

I don't know if the later models have changed the circumference of the magazine loading port, but mine would'nt feed the gamo's until i modified it.

I hope this helps

PMarshall

When i bought mine the dealer reccomended drilling the hole slightly bigger if i wanted to use lead balls.