The rather odd configuration of the gun comes about because I found I was mostly using the Mossberg to take out crows on some sitty trees around a pond rather than shooting at fast-moving flying targets.

To get the maximum killing range out of the Mossberg - necessary to reach out across the pond-, I decided to go for maximum accuracy so added a red dot, but once I'd done so I found that neither the factory stock, or the Hogue replacement, gave a good head position, so I fitted the ATI AR-style stock and grip shown in the photos.

The original sight fitted was a cheapo Chinese copy of the Docter sight. But that needs a new battery, so the Eotech was parked on top just in case I got a chance to go shooting before I could get the other sight powered up again!

On a still day, it is more effective to use an air rifle around the pond, but as soon as there's a bit of wind -i.e., most of the time- the Mossberg comes into its own. I find it almost as effective as a normal 12g, but considerably less likely to alarm other quarry or livestock in the area. From the shooter's perspective, it doesn't sound much quieter than an unmoderated gun, however.

I've also begun to load subsonic cartridges with #4 and BB shot, which I hope will get me a bit more range and make the gun a viable tool for ambushing foxes too.