Thread: Mossberg Hushpower 12g Moderator Cover

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Mossberg Hushpower 12g Moderator Cover

Soon after acquiring my Hushpowered 12g Mossberg I realised that the solid black outline of the huge moderator had a tendency to catch the eye of the quarry it was pointed at - mostly crows - and decided I'd better find a way to camouflage it.

I began by wrapping scrim around it but this interfered with the sightline too much. Next I tried some camo tape, but this soon became tatty and began to peel off. I thought of painting it, but decided I'd prefer a more readily-reversible solution, so I started looking for a moderator cover.

The commercially-available neoprene moderator covers were obviously all too short, and the equivalent barrel covers were too narrow, so I tried asking BBS member William, whose bottle covers I'd seen on here, whether he could make me one.

He doesn't work with camo neoprene any more, owing to the high cost of the material, but offered me a choice of camo fabrics instead. Though the options included some familiar Mossy Oak and Realtree patterns, I went for a new conifer-based pattern by Camo West, called Vanish, which looked like it would be a good match for the places I set my hides.

To cut a long story a bit shorter, Will couldn't have been more helpful, and before long I got a bag through the post containing my new cover. As you can see -pics 1, 2, 3, 4- It has elasticated ends, fits like a glove, and does a great job of breaking up the moderator's outline. And for the princely sum of £14 including postage, I reckon it's seriously good value.

Anyway, I checked with Will that he wouldn't mind me posting a review, so if you fancy one for your Hushpower just drop him a PM.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 15-09-2008 at 01:59 PM.