Thread: Ruger Number one rifles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a Light Sporter in 270 which if I'm really honest I shouldn't have brought. Is was cosmetically a bit of a mess. The wood work was dented and starched as well as the blue showing water damaged. The iron sights where missing and the screws on the rings where chewed up, though rifling looked good.

I should have walked away but I really wanted a Ruger No1 and this was the first I come across that I could afford. The alarm bells banging away but still I brought it.

I cleaned it up the best I could but it still looks a bit shabby and so off to the range I went and was very disappointed. The thing shoots like a shotgun no matter what I put through it. After a few tries I got the bloke at Fultons to have a look and he said the rifling was O.K but full of copper. Should of know if the last owner didn't look after the outside he sure as hell didn't look after the inside .

Weeks later and I still trying to get all the copper out. Is such a shame that some people just don't look after their rifles as this could have been such a good gun
    Last edited by moonraker; 01-10-2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Real calibres start with a .4