Thread: Silencer for an Original 50

Silencer for an Original 50

just bought the gun of my teenage dreams ( 20+ years ago!!) 7 looking for a silencer, can anybody point this Old school shooter in the right direction?

Cheers.

edbear2 Guest
    personally I would not fit one because it would ruin the classic look of this gun to my eyes, but I dont know if you want to shoot in the garden say, and need one for this reason, or you may like the look...If it is scoped, you may be able to remove the foresight (cant remember how they are fitted, my last mod 50 was in the 70's)..and measure the barrel O.D. and ensure it is not tapered... most aftermarket silencers are 1/2 unf fitting and use an adaptor which fits over the muzzle and is secured with grubscrews to the barrel, then the silencer screws onto that...if the foresight is not removable, you may need to mill a slot in the adaptor, as I would not think there is enough barrel left in front of the sight to grip on!..OR fit someone who has a lathe who you can get to run you one up....or perhaps go to a local shop and ask to look at some silencers and fittings to see whats available...good luck with your project in any case!