Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: copy of sharp innova

Pre Charged ---i've Not Retired Yet

Hi gedfinn
    As I said I have followed your posts with interest and have already seen your pre charged Sheridan, -very nice.
    I also like to follow what Dennis Quackenbush is up to in the states.
    I don't think it would be a good idea for me to get involved with pre charged guns just yet as I still have to work for a living and they do look very addictive. I buy quite a bit of CO2 each month at 200 bar and so far I have managed to resist the temptation of playing with it.
    So no snowstorms in my workshop just yet
    One day I may give in to temptation, when I've finnished fixing all my other guns.
    ATB MICK

Quote Originally Posted by grezoor View Post
    hi chaps,on the subject of innovas, at groby on sunday i took my inova along for bit of an airing and after a quick 10 rounds through it down the range it started to discharge air straight through the muzzle at every pump (does that make sense?) a fine fellow aka rockphoon suggested it could be over heating,i think he's right as it has been fine ever since.do they not like rapid or prolonged use over a short time? regards grez.
    The Innova had a different type of valve to most pneumatics, the trigger held it closed, there was no hammer (that's why the trigger gets stiffer the more pumps you squeeze in - ooer missus ). The first pump's supposed to reset the trigger and close the valve, so it sounds like it's either not resetting the trigger or something is holding it open. Did you store it with a pump in the air-chamber? Not sure if the trigger-weight screw had something to do with it, has it backed off?

I had one back in the '80s. Rubbed the stock down and fitted it with a BSA rubber pad to lengthen the pull, it was an exact fit, fitted it with a moderator and used English Eley Wasps with 4 pumps behind them to sort quite a few rabbits out. If only I'd known the Wasps were to big for it's tight barrel, still, it proved that accuracy's more important than outright power. Worst thing I did to it? Sold it