Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley/beeman c1 carbine.

webley/beeman c1 carbine.

i have a hankering for one of these old beasts, is it a modified vulcan in a shotgun type stock or something completley different ! it dates from a time when i was out of the sport so this is a bit of a blind spot to me.Heard rave reviews on some of the American sites, so is it any good, is it worth looking for one! and how much do they go for , any one got one they want rid of! regards Fat Man. quote, opinion- the gurkhas have been loyal friends and fighting men to our country for some 200 years and yet we treat illegal imigrants better !!, honour and respect are old fashioned concepts and yet i feel shame for there treatment by an uncaring "Government " . fat man, dissolusioned and Grumpy old man and freind and admirer of real heros.

i have one

in 177 and will probably never sell it one of my mates has one of each calibre
    really it is just a vulcan in a ( winchester style ) stock but they are lovely little guns and something different

webley beeman/c1

thanks for that, so it is a vulcan , maybe i will get a vulcan then.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    thanks for that, so it is a vulcan , maybe i will get a vulcan then.
    i have a vulcan as well and its just a C1 in a vulcan stock

draftsmann Guest
    I have one too Dave.

Sorry, not for sale

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    in 177 and will probably never sell it one of my mates has one of each calibre
    really it is just a vulcan in a ( winchester style ) stock but they are lovely little guns and something different
    Never seen a C1, any chance of posting a picture?
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    Never seen a C1, any chance of posting a picture?
    hi mate
    if you go to the REVIEWCENTRE there is a picture and loads of reviews of the C1 carbine but if you read them you WILL want one

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    hi mate
    if you go to the REVIEWCENTRE there is a picture and loads of reviews of the C1 carbine but if you read them you WILL want one
    Thanks, I'll go check it out.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

bought another one today in 22 but this one is different it has no safety catch

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Unsold lots from the Webley auction were bought by Target Sports of Bolton, so forget about getting one at a bargain price, even if they've got any left.
    They haven't.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

C1 .22 For Sale

Ive got ons for sale if anyone interested its in the airguns for sale posts
    Theoben Rapid Mkll in .20 Cal with H&N FTT. Perfect cure for Bunnies with Insomnia!

Hope nobody minds me bringing up this old thread, but I am a newbie on here and this old thread caught my eye. I have always had a soft spot for the C1, and was very happy when I found one to purchase a few years back

I think I bought one of the last ones that came from the Webley auction. Interestingly the entire section that you would expect to be blued, actually has a very intersting almost granite like finish (I must take some pics to show).
    Just after I bought it, I had a conversation with Robert Beeman over email, which was very interesting, as he thinks this one is possibly a complete prototype, which he was very interested to hear about.

I wondered really, has anyone else come across one of these at all?

Cheers Chaps

C1

I have a .22 no safety, I would like to see a pic of your prototype. Rgds Jenny Dipple

mine

here are my C1s
    the one with the tasco scope on is a 177 and i have fitted a 2 stage trigger to that one and tuned it the other is in 22 and i have screwed the barrel for a silencer but other than that its standard
    http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/z.../guns014-1.jpg

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    As the Victor developed into the Vulcan, so the C1 changed as well.
    The Victor was developed from the Vulcan, it was the 'cheap' version without a safety-catch and with a plain, unsophisticated stock, aimed at the 'youth' market. It was a good buy as it had the Vulcan power-plant, but lacked any sexiness, it may also have had a slightly softer spring in it. Webley developed the C1 from the Victor, put on a shorter barrel & a full-power spring, and must have upgraded to Vulcan spec with the safety-catch later on.