Thread: Falcons any good ?

Falcons any good ?

I bought a new RS19 last year and i too just could'nt get on with it do'nt know why! So i gave to it my son (who had lusted after one for a long time) in exchange he gave me his HW97K new also (yeh i know he came out well but he's a good lad) which i part'xd for a new S410 classic now we are both very happy!!!

BOGGIT Guest
    The S410 beats the Falcon hands down on quality mate!

Don

Saddle Tramp Guest

FN19's

I like Falcon's, I've also had the S310 7 S410, liked them BUT that lousy single shot drop out from EVERY mag put me off. Then there's the weight factor, especially in T/Hole walnut stocks.

Raptor's are ok BUT I muchly prefer the Two FN19 Hawk's that I've had for 4+ years. Both been detwanged, both fitted with Skeleton stocks and QF/Silencers. BOTH do better, shot for shot than either of the Air Arms rifle's I had.

Saddle Tramp.

PS. Mind you the AA Pro-Target's are really good.

I must admit, my S400 feels to be better build quality, and handles better than my Falcon FN19.

But as far as accuracy is concerned my Falcon is marginaly better.
    I got it out the other day, had a plinking session with it, and spent the rest of the day wondering why I hadn't used it for so long.
    The trigger isn't floppy and loose, the bolt doesn't come open if you touch it, or cant the gun over.

In fact the S400 has been shoved to the back of the cabinet for a few months now.
    Robin

headshot69 Guest
    Falcon guns have to be the most underrated of all makes of air rifle IMO. I've had an FN19 for about 3 years and its never had any problems at all and is very accurate.

saddle tramp where did you get your skeleton stocks from? am awaiting delivery of a FN19 [ ] and wouldnt mind sticking a skeleton stock on it in time... im guessing theyre not cheap but dammit they look so good!
    graham
    Graham

I have not had the pleasure of shooting a Falcon but the few I have handled and inspected looked sturdy but didn't have that quality feel and finish that I have seen on other manufacturers products.

Rapids for example are not pretty but they are built well (triggers - jury out)

Daystate similarly build quality like tanks and they have pulled their finger out re design and technology.

Air Arms reliable, solid dependable should have kept the Pro Target and got the EV2 right in a faster timescale.........but you know it's going to be good..

That said, It seems to me that Falcon are beginning to address the issues and quality, materials and styling/function/ergonomics are getting sorted.

I think they are generally underated - and that makes em dangerous...Watch this space as they say..
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Originally posted by headshot69
    Falcon guns have to be the most underrated of all makes of air rifle IMO. I've had an FN19 for about 3 years and its never had any problems at all and is very accurate.
    I have to agree entirely with the above comments.
    I've owned several Falcons over the years and they are superb, no nonsense rifles.
    Currently shoot a single shot FN19 on ticket. Set up at a very consistant 26 ft/lb and it never lets me down.
    Best wishes,
    Wayne.
    It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

Dwight D. Eisenhower