Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mk2 rapid or daystate mk4S?

Never shot a mk4 but did own a mk3 which was a cracking gun & i never had any problems with it despite getting it soaked on numerous occasions ,very accurate ,very quiet & very clinical but i'd still opt for an mfr or a btas hft400 if your budget allows ...cheers marcus

Quote Originally Posted by Hinksy View Post
    MK4 for me, although the Merlyn looks very nice too.

Personally if it were me buying a new rifle with these funds I'd have to go for one of the HW100 variants and use the change to buy extras.

Rapids have never really done it for me.

Ben
    Amen to pretty much all of that.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by dan00001 View Post
    hi, im going to treat myself to my second air rifle for chrismas and have been looking at all the rifles on the market and have come down to 2: the theoben rapid mk2 or the daystate mk4S. i love the rapids and have always dreamed of owning one but reading the reviews on the daystate mk4 and the electronic action im prefering the daystate right now so what do you think?

Get yourself a nice MFR from BT, you'll never regret I'am telling you.If you think you might want to go FAC one day the mfr is fine but not as good as the mk2. I've shot quiet afew rifles and to me the MFR and MK2 still stand out more then the rest in FAC format.

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Get yourself a nice MFR from BT, you'll never regret I'am telling you.If you think you might want to go FAC one day the mfr is fine but not as good as the mk2. I've shot quiet afew rifles and to me the MFR and MK2 still stand out more then the rest in FAC format.
    You know it makes sense eh Costas tried & tested & not yet bettered ,mind you i'm yet to be convinced on a .20 yet as i've had two both where very pellet fussie & not all that accuracy wise but i did make the mistake of not buying them from the master ....MFR all the way ehhhhhh... cheers marcus

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus View Post
    You know it makes sense eh Costas tried & tested & not yet bettered ,mind you i'm yet to be convinced on a .20 yet as i've had two both where very pellet fussie & not all that accuracy wise but i did make the mistake of not buying them from the master ....MFR all the way ehhhhhh... cheers marcus

Dont rate the .20 in FAC that much marcus, FAC should be in .22 and .25.
    Marcus get yourself a .22 MFR ......it go's with the name man.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Depends

I'm not a fan of electronic triggers but the MK4 with a longer reservoir handles quite well, although still a bit light. Rapid triggers even the latest MKIV ones are pretty naff, and Daystate have the edge on the mag system as the Theoben is like a babies rattle!

If you like the handling of buddy bottle rifles, maybe have a look at an Air Ranger. If it's sporter rifles I'm a huge fan of HW100's and would have one over a Rapid or a MK4, probably a nice stock with the money I'd have saved too!

Ultimately try them both as much as you can before splashing the cash as it's a big wedge to drop!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!