Thread: New HW45

New HW45

Hi, i have today added a hw45 pistol in .177 to my collection and am quite impressed.

Put about 100 AA fields through it when i got home and it is doing about 530 fps average with a few wild dieselers to 700 plus.

Can't wait for it to settle. It seems an accurate little thing with plenty of punch, just wish there was the option for a silencer.

Happy shooting, Steve.

I'm sure Mr UK Neil can make you a silencer for this, the 'top slide' with have to be threaded though. Well worth the cost.
    Good luck with your new toy, enjoy.
    Phil

=

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    How does it feel one-handed? Two-handed? Too light / too heavy either way?

I ask becaiuse I'm having a hard time finding an air pistol that doesn't feel either too light or too heavy when shooting one-handed.

Cheere,

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi jim, i'm no expert on pistols but this one feels quite balanced to me. I would say it is definatly not too light and i can hold it steady at arms length for about a minute before my aim goes too off. It weighs 2.6lbs by the way.

Steve.

Vito is offline Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    I have a HW45 and find it a bit heavy for single hand use but they are a well made quality pistol.
    Please don't flame me if its a stupid question but how do you calculate the muzzle velocity ?
    If you can stay calm,while all around you is chaos.....
    then you probably haven't completely understood the situation. www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

I ask becaiuse I'm having a hard time finding an air pistol that doesn't feel either too light or too heavy when shooting one-handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ateallthepies View Post
    Hi jim, i'm no expert on pistols but this one feels quite balanced to me. I would say it is definatly not too light and i can hold it steady at arms length for about a minute before my aim goes too off. It weighs 2.6lbs by the way.
    I agree that it's not too light or too heavy, I also find it reasonably balanced. I have a real-deal Colt 1911A1 .45ACP here and it feels about the same weight, possibly a shade lighter when the colt has a full magazine inserted. And it is larger than the colt, its size/shape is more akin to a desert eagle .50AE really. I find mine to be stunningly accurate especially with a red dot sight, and a laser seriously increases the fun factor!

The HW45 is the crème de la crème IMHO, you won't be disappointed Jim

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Cheere,

Jim

Hi Jim, I got me a HW45 off here some months ago and it's a beaut'. Real good to shoot, I did fit a Red Dot to help my aging eyes.
    I think a lot of the time we tend to concentrate on the pistol and not the target. Just get used to handling it frequently, so it become comfortable in our hands. Remember not to hold the sight picture too long, that's when it all goes wrong. Anyway, you's a good ol' Louisiana boy, toughen up and git yerself a mans pistol.

Here
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0938.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0939.jpg

atb Phil

Vito, you will need a chronagraph which will read in fps/mps.

Steve.

Vito is offline Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    Vito, you will need a chronagraph which will read in fps/mps.

Steve.
    Many Thanks.
    If you can stay calm,while all around you is chaos.....
    then you probably haven't completely understood the situation. www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Hi Jim, I got me a HW45 off here some months ago and it's a beaut'. Real good to shoot, I did fit a Red Dot to help my aging eyes.
    I think a lot of the time we tend to concentrate on the pistol and not the target. Just get used to handling it frequently, so it become comfortable in our hands. Remember not to hold the sight picture too long, that's when it all goes wrong. Anyway, you's a good ol' Louisiana boy, toughen up and git yerself a mans pistol.

Here
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0938.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0939.jpg

atb Phil
    Great advice all around, Phil.

Why'd you post those beautiful pics?

It would take a short-armed Hercules to shoot either of them one-handed!
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Helloo,

If i want to put a silencer on my 45, will all i have to do is get a half inch unf tap and drill/thread the end of the barrel?

On looking at the dangerous end of the barrel i found there is 30mm+/- conical tube from the end of the 4.5mm barrel to the end of the gun proper.

Is it possible for me to do this accurately or will i need to send the pistol off to someone?

Ta, Steve.

Helloo,

If i want to put a silencer on my 45, will all i have to do is get a half inch unf tap and drill/thread the end of the barrel?

On looking at the dangerous end of the barrel i found there is 30mm+/- conical tube from the end of the 4.5mm barrel to the end of the gun proper.

Is it possible for me to do this accurately or will i need to send the pistol off to someone?

Ta, Steve.

Personally I'd send it to Mr UK Neil. Unless you're good at this you might f-f-f-f- it up. You only get one chance and it has to be 100% perfect for the silencer to align or else your f-f-f-f'ed
    Good luck Phil
    Last edited by Phil G; 20-09-2008 at 04:47 PM.