Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on the S410 - SL XTRA FAC .22 Good or Bad

Opinion on the S410 - SL XTRA FAC .22 Good or Bad

What is everybodys opinion on the S410 - SL XTRA FAC .22. Is this a worthwhile upgrade from an S300? What does the SL stand for? There doesn't seem to be many people opt for this rifle, can anyone tell me why.

Thanks

Heres a pic of my S300.(taken from air arms owners club - dont know how to add one here)
    http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/dow...3496&mode=view
    Last edited by Scottm; 18-09-2008 at 06:19 PM.

I love the AAs410 fantastic gat...and is the primary rifle i use (hft)
    'Beans??!!....Beans are for Riflemen' (capt Yates 2RGJ)

in fac its not as popular as the rapid and bsa because it doesnt have as many shots per charge. and the rapid is better to work on and upgrade.

you can get more consistant power/shots out of the buddy bottle rifles

sell you a mint fac rapid mate

SL = side lever

The Xtra is very very long, Think Waterloo re-enactment musket
    I had a .22 Classic in FAC, 20 shots with a 20ish fps spread. Xtra would prob give you an additional 5-10 shots.

Go for a Rapid... the definitive FAC pcp.

S410 SL FAC Xtra

The Sl in the rifles name stands for side leverthe same as the new S510SL. The fac guns were the first of the AA multishot rifles to be fitted with side lever cocking (copied from the HW100 which was copied from the AA NJR100 / Protarget). The Exra has the same barrel length as the S410 Classic and is about the same overall lenght as the Classic fitted with a moderator. The Extra has the moderator built into the over barrel sleeve and the extra long air tube is actuallylonger than the barrel. The shot count of the Extra is between 30 and 40 @ 30fpe. This rifle is also fitted with a power adjuster wheel and if you run it at around 22-23fpe it is possible to get up to 60 shots from it althoug you do need to start to adjust the power wheel towards the end of the charge. The main advantage of the buddy bottle rifles in FAC is the shot count however this dose come at a price as the buddy bottle rifles in FAC tend to be £200 - £300 more than the Air Arms. In my local shop the most popular FAC rifle by far is the S410 Extra, which I understand sells as many as all the bottle guns put together. Apparently many shootres are put off by the looks, handling and weight of the bottle guns.

Alan

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The fac guns were the first of the AA multishot rifles to be fitted with side lever cocking (copied from the HW100 which was copied from the AA NJR100 / Protarget).
    I'd love to see a sidelever Pro-Target (I suppose that it could be argued that the EV2 is just a sidelever PT though!), or NJR100, come to think of it.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The Sl in the rifles name stands for side leverthe same as the new S510SL. The fac guns were the first of the AA multishot rifles to be fitted with side lever cocking (copied from the HW100 which was copied from the AA NJR100 / Protarget). Alan

all the pro targets i seen are not sidelever cocking.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    all the pro targets i seen are not sidelever cocking.
    That was the point I was making.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Chris might agree with me on this...if you want an fac air rifle,the best 1 is the rapid mk2 as you get more shots at a higher power.

can't see the point in a 20 shot fac air rifle personally.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    That was the point I was making.

thought i clicked on the initial pro target reply Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Chris might agree with me on this...if you want an fac air rifle,the best 1 is the rapid mk2 as you get more shots at a higher power.

can't see the point in a 20 shot fac air rifle personally.
    My .22 AA S300 FAC will give me about 28-30 shots. I would be doing rather well if i got 30 shots out when hunting. Maybe thats just me.

i have the sl fac in .22 purchased from chris in yarmouth, i run it at 25ftlbs and we got over 60 good usable shots at my club range last wednesday, point of impact only changed by 10mm from full to empty, over 70 shots where achieved by turning up the power towards the end to keep the point of impact the same, i like the power adjuster ratting in buidings just plinking etc. all with the one rifle, i would certainly reccomend you try to have a go you wont be dissapointed.

engineer

I love the 410 but teh 410E is a dog - a musket trying to be as big boy when it isn't. Get a Rapid

slims post just proves a major point, i personally do not like the rapid unscrewing bottles to fill is my no. one complaint, they never seem to balance very well to me and as for the looks well, but all this is subjective so do try before you buy.

engineer