Thread: target shooting

Question target shooting

Our Local Pub has decided to join A Air Rifle shooting League.They want to buy a rifle that is suitable and are thinking that a good second hand one would be ok.
    Can anyone recommend which make or model to think about getting and what would be a reasonable price to pay for one.

Thank you.

Probably depends on the type of air rifle. HFT/FT stylie, formal 6yd/10m shooting?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    How much do you want to spend, and how much time/effort is someone willing to go to to sort everything out?

A reasonably top-end PCP with dive tanks or pump etc will be maybe 2 grand to buy, then the tanks have to be lugged around and refilled, or the gun pumped up again etc

My favourite - a second hand FWB 600 series - removes the tanks and maybe £5-700ish. Advantages of pre-charge without the hassle of tanks/pumps, disadvantage of weight of charging mech and having to pump a little each shot.

A good second hand springer (eg FWB 300 series) should be 2-300ish and will take a decent shooter a long way.
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!