Thread: blast from th past

blast from th past

good morning, i for one have been enjoying Airgun worlds articles on older usable classics, and here are my suggestions for some more to be tested maybe you will agree if not then you could allways make your own suggestions. Anyway heres my suggestions.

1, Bsa Meteor,2,webley Hawk series, 3,Webley Falcon,4,Original 45 and 50, 5,Bsa Mercurey,6, Crossman 766, 7,Bsf55,60,70,8,Webley Tracker/Viscount,9sharp Ace,Innova, 10,AirArms /Sussex Armurey Jackals derivatives.11, Relum Tornado,12, Webley Vulcan, 13, Hamerli Side Leavers. Best regards to al. Fat Man

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    good morning, i for one have been enjoying Airgun worlds articles on older usable classics, and here are my suggestions for some more to be tested maybe you will agree if not then you could allways make your own suggestions. Anyway heres my suggestions.

1, Bsa Meteor,2,webley Hawk series, 3,Webley Falcon,4,Original 45 and 50, 5,Bsa Mercurey,6, Crossman 766, 7,Bsf55,60,70,8,Webley Tracker/Viscount,9sharp Ace,Innova, 10,AirArms /Sussex Armurey Jackals derivatives.11, Relum Tornado,12, Webley Vulcan, 13, Hamerli Side Leavers. Best regards to al. Fat Man
    iv had a custom built innova 2 from streatham armoury.pump handle fitted to stock .you pulled on the sight's and the whole gun lifted from stock and you made a bigV shape with 2 half's ov the gun.

also had 2 original 45's 1 was wood the other had the plastic ergo grip.
    30 years or so ago my dad let me have ago ,i got my 1st black eye.
    but they became mine 25 years ago but i think i lost them in a house move 15 years ago.
    things that go bump in the night.

1, Bsa Meteor,2,webley Hawk series, 3,Webley Falcon,4,Original 45 and 50, 5,Bsa Mercurey,6, Crossman 766, 7,Bsf55,60,70,8,Webley Tracker/Viscount,9sharp Ace,Innova, 10,AirArms /Sussex Armoury Jackals derivatives.11, Relum Tornado,12, Webley Vulcan, 13, Hamerli Side Leavers. Best regards to al. Fat Man
    Hi Al.

I wouldn't mind Jim testing my Jackals, as I do have a fair few derivatives .

I even sent in a write up on them & my projects. Not published probably my writing was pi$$ poor

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

jackal

Hi paddy, thanks for that, can you answer a question for me well 2 actually, i have a very nice air arms se90, its from my time out of sport its an hevey old beast especially with my knackerd arm and hand but am perservering, anyways i take it its a Jackal derivative, is knocking out 11.5 with accupels,would you recomend any other pellets. 2nd question do you remember the 20/20 rifle.! are any out there or the woodsman, allways regret not buying and how much do you think ! take care from Fat Man.

Hi paddy, thanks for that, can you answer a question for me well 2 actually, i have a very nice air arms se90, its from my time out of sport its an hevey old beast especially with my knackerd arm and hand but am perservering, anyways i take it its a Jackal derivative, is knocking out 11.5 with accupels,would you recomend any other pellets. 2nd question do you remember the 20/20 rifle.! are any out there or the woodsman, allways regret not buying and how much do you think ! take care from Fat Man.

Hi.

I've not held a SE90 yet but they are the same as the Jackals, just abit more refined. 11.5 is a real good power out put. With my Jackals I only use RWS pellets. I tested many different types of pellets & they were the best. I just stick with those. However that was about 20yrs ago & there are better brands on the market now than then. If you are grouping well with the Accupels I'd leave it as is

The 20/20 is one model that I'm after, not seen one in this country, I missed out on one in America a few months ago . Can't really give a price on that one. But there was two Jackals for sale on here not long ago for £200 each. Way over my budget so I'd didn't get them, plus they were two models I already got.

Hope That Helps
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

air arms

paddy many thanks for info se90 was mint and a real bargin, if you know of a woodsman going in future would you please let me know !.

paddy many thanks for info se90 was mint and a real bargin, if you know of a woodsman going in future would you please let me know !.
    No worries.

I might even try those Accupels on my recently serviced Firepower & see if they are any better.

As for the woodsman, I haven't got that model I've got the woodstock. But I'll let you know if I find one.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

air arms

thanks for that paddy, also as a back up to Accupel try Air Arms , they are a very close second in my se90,

thanks for that paddy, also as a back up to Accupel try Air Arms , they are a very close second in my se90,
    I have used the AA fields in my .177 Parabellum, as I use those in my PCPs.

oh decisions, descisions
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi,
    I can tell you this about Bayern's that will not be in a test try to buy one that no one has been in.They are awkward to dismantle and potentially dangerous ..i received a scar and a busy time covering a ceiling hole..at home..parents.. while discovering the joys of stripped lh bolt threads...and yes i got busted..1978 ish...this area has to be mint..re blue ok...i think I'm talking myself into finding another one.What is a good 55 going for i wonder?.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 20-09-2008 at 11:57 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin