Thread: Webley .177 pistol

Webley .177 pistol

Visited a guys house to day who was madly in to air guns! Like you do, Anyway he showed me this Webley pistol and wanted to know what is and year made if possible! The only markings on the gun are the number 33 on the front of the gun where the barrel pivots any info i can get will be passed on to him and probably make him very happy indeed, He was also wondering of value but did say that it would not be for sale at all!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...90td/001-3.jpg
    http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...90td/002-2.jpg

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    It is a Webley Junior with all the original finish removed . Certain it is a 1970s variant looking at the materials and in that condition, and assuming it shoots, is worth maybe £35 tops (hope this helps ). Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Webley pistol

This is a Junior Mk II, the last of this model, which was made between 1973 and 1976. The frame on the model shown would normally be black-finished aluminium alloy. Because it has had this finish removed (to improve its appearance??) it is hard to value, but is probably worth around £40 in my opinion, but very little to a collector.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    I do agree with the information given by Gareth and Webman, but sadly I feel their valuations are correct, although I quite like the look of the pistol (well would if the cylinder and barrel were also blued) even to a collector should be worth more

Glad to see he isn't going to sell the pistol! makes a change as most ask for a valuation, then sell it on
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

Hi guys thanks for the info, I will ring him and give him the news, Is the no33 the seriel number? I have no doubt that he will restore the gun back to original condition, He said it does shoot but its been in a draw for the last seven years!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by vasily zaitsev View Post
    Hi guys thanks for the info, I will ring him and give him the news, Is the no33 the seriel number? I have no doubt that he will restore the gun back to original condition, He said it does shoot but its been in a draw for the last seven years!
    Hi. Restored it'll be worth maybe £65 tops if done well. The body of the MkII as pictured is alloy however, so unlike earlier Juniors, can not be blued but needs to be coated. The cyl and barrel and links can be blued though, as are of traditional construction. The number 33 denotes the batch number so will be the same as on hundreds and hundreds of pistols produced at that time . Again, I hope this helps. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.