Thread: bsf rifles/ beeman pel seat

bsf rifles/ beeman pel seat

good evening, fat man here again. 2 questions for you if i may, first one maybe IJ can explain . What finished BSF of as a manufacturer! i have a s70 model in.22 and an 20 pistol in .177 . Both are exceptionally well made , quality products, very powerful and accurate when you let it recol properly and not old it like youre trying to choe the poor thing !. secondly anyone remember the beeman pel seat, is it worth looking for, is it any good, can you still get them, and if so how much are they!. Thanks.

According to the shooting writer known as BB Pelletier, BSF failed because of their poor distribution network. I can believe that because BSF rifles seem to have been rarely encountered in gunshops in the 70s/80s when compared to the widespread HW and FWB. The British importer, Norman May, also went bust IIRC and that restricted BSF's access to the crucial British market. A pity as the gun's were very good. Weihrauch took over the BSF operation and according to BB Pelletier this had a positive influence on HW's designs. So BSF still lives on in a way...
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 20-09-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling

bsf guns

thanks for that.

I have read that the demise of Norman May was a major factor in the closing of the BSF factory and the jobs of the 130 workers.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

bsf guns

thanks for info, and good evening ij, thought you would now, thanks .

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Mmmmm, I never knew Norman May was as such an importer of guns? I thought he was just a very good tuner of airrifles like his legendary HW35 Vixens! As they say... Every day is a school day! Perhaps i should do a little more research huh???

Norman May used to import the Hammerli range of air guns and pistols and the Bimoco range of pellets IIRC.

ATB
    Ian

Didn't see this initially,just asked the same,sorry ..anyway who has all the Bayerns?...some readers on here ..maybe..
    Once i had a Hammerli which i tried to shoot Rats with, a military looking jobby...what was that one called?...sidelever jackal type stock.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Baldyman View Post
    Didn't see this initially,just asked the same,sorry ..anyway who has all the Bayerns?...some readers on here ..maybe..
    Once i had a Hammerli which i tried to shoot Rats with, a military looking jobby...what was that one called?...sidelever jackal type stock.
    Ive got one. An early .177 model

IIRC the military looking stocked Hammerli was the model 420.

HTH
    Ian