Thread: PPK Tweaks

Almightyrastus is offline Let's hope the mods are in a kind mood

PPK Tweaks

Evening everyone, just treated myself to a PPK/S and bought my wife one as a belated wedding pressie (hey, it's what she wanted and asked for) and I was wondering what little tweaks people have done to theirs to get things running a little more smoothly.

I have noticed that there are a lot of little sharp edges and points on parts of the gun which could do with a small file running over them but I was thinking more along the lines of internal polishing and the like. I already have a few ideas for the (very) flimsy feeling mags to possibly improve sealing and strength so we shall see what happens.

This pistol was bought to play around with so I have no problems with opening it up.
    AA s200 with BSA contender 8-32 x 50 - .22
    AA S410 with 4-12x44 MTC Viper (.22 and .177 barrels)

http://picasaweb.google.com/Crabbet/...40712357417938
    Like this? There has been no work on the valve though and I'd be very interested to hear of any findings you make to pep it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Crabbet/...40712357417938
    Like this? There has been no work on the valve though and I'd be very interested to hear of any findings you make to pep it up a little.
    Looks realy nice... how much would they charge for a rifled steel barrel? do they do the mod or just supply.

Contact leupy at http://www.leupyscustomshop.co.uk/ and he should be able to help you out with something as he likes a challenge

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattmedic View Post
    Contact leupy at http://www.leupyscustomshop.co.uk/ and he should be able to help you out with something as he likes a challenge

Matt
    Yup What he said. Drum is a great guy and keeps you updated through out all the work. Excellent service. I can't give a cost as it was part of a lot of other work but drop him a line. I can't recommend him enough.
    One additional think I've done is shim out the length of the slide to take up some of the lateral play.

Thanks I'll drop him a line.

Quote Originally Posted by vfrkid View Post
    Thanks I'll drop him a line.
    Let us know how you get on. He wanted to have a look at the valving while he was at it but I had reached my budget at that time. He did reckon there was room for some improvement. Thats what I'd do next along with closer tolerance delrin slide shims.

Almightyrastus is offline Let's hope the mods are in a kind mood
    Leupy's stuff does look good and the rifled barrel might have to be investigated further.

I think that a lot of the losses are in the same place as for pretty much all the multi shot CO2 pistols ie around the point where you have valve>mag>barrel and from the looks of things there is some wok which could be done to the mags in terms of sealing them a little better and also where the valve and mag meet.

Shall have to have a play around and see what happens.

One thing is for sure though, I am not going to go the fully auto route with this unless I can work out some way of switching between modes.
    AA s200 with BSA contender 8-32 x 50 - .22
    AA S410 with 4-12x44 MTC Viper (.22 and .177 barrels)

Better sealing may help on those guns with rotary magazines, but not those with stick BB mags (like the PPK) as the gas can flow downwards past the line of bbs, much research has been done on the Drozd which uses a similar loading system the best way by far to increase power is a longer barrel. strangely a rifled barrel helps accuracy even on steel BBS so although they don't bite into the grooves like lead there must be some spin imparted to them.