Thread: asi statical

Question asi statical

dose anyone remember these, recol surpressed a bit of movement as action slid back on rails, very short rear stock and a small bit of wood screwed under barrel to rest your suppoting hand. Accurate if you could find German Pellets, in my are a at time no one did , you used what was avaiable, webley GP, Milbro Caledonian or Marksman in the cardboard boxes. Bought for me by my dad just afore he died in 1979. Any ideas how rare!.

hi

i know the one ,dont think rare at all seen a few over the years ,

think i saw one here not so long back ,they was ok when i used them for bunny bashing

Roy (Retracted Yetti) at Tawd Vale has an even rarer .177 version.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

asi statical

Well i learn something new every time, did not know it was available in .177. What about other part of question though about pel seat, any ideas ! respect to you IJ.

Never had any personal experience of pellet seating but I know of the Beeman version which was pen shaped with a clip for your pocket.
    I have heard of someone having a pellet seater set onto a ring on their finger.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Smile

don't know about the slugs but here's a pic of my statical, .22

>>>ASI Statical<<<

regards, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Asi Statical

Great rifle, still have mine from having it new for birthday and christmas at the age of 14 came with ASI 4 x 32 scope, totally recoil free and still comes up unto the shoulder without any effort, not partically powerful though but I spent hours shooting it. Gets my vote cheers Roll
    Last edited by roll27; 22-09-2008 at 05:00 PM.

asi statical

thanks to all who replied yes i like that gun, bit different to take along to the club ,and its prettet unique as the first recol suppresed gun made in Spain and the first to be incorporated in to a sporting gun allbeit a fairly low powerd one, but is accuracy more important than power ! yes i think it is. Regards Dave Payne AKa Fat Man.

Yes,
    I remember them, first gun I nearly got shot with. Lad next door didn't know I was lying in wait for rabbits and started taking pot shots at a fence post close to me. Went to have a row but got too interested in the gun, b***tad wouldn't even let me have a go with it. I think his mum had bought it from a catalogue for him. Don't know if he knew what recoil was, he certainly wasn't going to get his hands on my gun

ATB Chris

Does anyone still stock spares for them? My brother-in-law has one, tried Chambers but no luck

asi statical

hi odd bob , yes parts seem to be a problem, but i am sure someone on this site will have suggestion as to what is available or couuld be adapted.

Update, I was on the Chambers site earlier and just out of interest, looked at the Statical list again.

They now have a few basis spares, springs, seals and shims, not a lot but maybe enough to get an old gun shooting again

Still be too dear for my brother in law though, think he has all my Scottish blood and he's not even remotely Scottish

statical spares

Hello

Which spares do you need - I have one in bits tucked away.

Regards

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    Yes,
    I remember them, first gun I nearly got shot with. Lad next door didn't know I was lying in wait for rabbits and started taking pot shots at a fence post close to me. Went to have a row but got too interested in the gun, b***tad wouldn't even let me have a go with it. I think his mum had bought it from a catalogue for him. Don't know if he knew what recoil was, he certainly wasn't going to get his hands on my gun

ATB Chris
    Ah,
    those were the days! Airguns in catalogues! Those heady days of pre political correctness. I recall the Webley Vulcan was in there as well. Possibly shotguns as well if i remember rightly?

I used to spend hours drooling over the guns in there and wonder what it would be like to own one (I used to drool over another section in there as well but we wont talk about that).

Mam came from a long line of anti-shooting ancestors and so I could look at air guns as much as I wanted but wasnt about to be bought one. Funny as most of the male side of the family served in the Royal Artillery

I love threads on 70s and 80s springers.

Dave

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by springfieldm6 View Post
    Hello

Which spares do you need - I have one in bits tucked away.

Regards

Luke
    How much for the front sight unit?

Pm me if you wish.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!