Thread: Can triggers on Umarex Smith's be lightened?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Can triggers on Umarex Smith's be lightened?

Mine feels as though I need to use both hands!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Mine feels as though I need to use both hands!

Jim
    Good Morning Jim.
    Have you tried it without a mag' in? That will determine if it's the trigger mech or 'mag-drag'.
    Try all your mags as some can drag. After a couple of hundred shots the trigger should bed-in. The trigger should feel smooth all the way through its travel length. Get in the habit of using double-action only. You'll find you can pull the trigger nearly all the way through and hold it momentary while making any final sight adjustments, then break the shot.
    These are fine pistols and will give you many hours of fun (and a little frustration).

Here's my now deactivated S&W model 27. It was adjusted for double action only. I put through in excess of 140.000 rounds through it with only one barrel change. When we had to surrender our pistols back in 97 I could not let it go, so had it deactivated.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0493.jpg

When shooting your Smith grip is very important. Hold it like you're holding a hammer to drive in a small tack. Too tight and you will start shaking very quickly. Persevere and you'll get great results. Are you using iron sights or a Red Dot?

Now git yer butt out there and practice practice practice

atb Phil

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Good Morning Jim.
    Have you tried it without a mag' in? That will determine if it's the trigger mech or 'mag-drag'.
    Try all your mags as some can drag. After a couple of hundred shots the trigger should bed-in. The trigger should feel smooth all the way through its travel length. Get in the habit of using double-action only. You'll find you can pull the trigger nearly all the way through and hold it momentary while making any final sight adjustments, then break the shot.
    These are fine pistols and will give you many hours of fun (and a little frustration).

Here's my now deactivated S&W model 27. It was adjusted for double action only. I put through in excess of 140.000 rounds through it with only one barrel change. When we had to surrender our pistols back in 97 I could not let it go, so had it deactivated.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0493.jpg

When shooting your Smith grip is very important. Hold it like you're holding a hammer to drive in a small tack. Too tight and you will start shaking very quickly. Persevere and you'll get great results. Are you using iron sights or a Red Dot?

Now git yer butt out there and practice practice practice

atb Phil
    Good advice all around there, Phil, I'll take you up on it.

A lot of UK pistol shooters seem to have had their favorites deactivated and kept them. 140,000 rounds, Wow! Smiths don't have a great reputation for nothing. I know only one US shooter who really hated Smiths, and most of his opposition seemed to stem from having to deal (he had been a firearms dealer) with their marketing policies rather than their products.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone