Thread: hw77 or97

hw77 or97

yes its me again. One of the hws i never bought was the underlever 77. I regret that but now i am not sure which is better! is the 97 simply an improved 77 or is it very much better! How much do they go for 2nd hand !, can you get them in .20 (i like .20) what are they like in custom guise ! any ideas Chaps !. Or should a Prosport be on my wish list instead !

77 or 97

i bought a 77 off this forum for £130 its the second one have had (sold first one) they are well made accurate rifles.and i understand the 97 is better so it must be one hell of a rifle.
    hw 80 .22 mk1
    sharp innova .22
    hw 95 177

Question hw 77

talking about the hw77s i bought a project off of remmy i got a very good deal, but it is needing a few bits and some work, i wonder if any of you guys could tell me how the rear sight goes on the chamber as there are no holes?
    REGARDS Neil

Hw 77 Rearsight

The rearsight fits onto the scopegrooves with an adapter.
    ATB Mick

Hi Neil,

The '77 rear sight screws onto a block OSO88 which slides onto the scope rail.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Smile hw77

Thankyou so much gents.
    REGARDS NEIL

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    yes its me again. One of the hws i never bought was the underlever 77. I regret that but now i am not sure which is better! is the 97 simply an improved 77 or is it very much better! How much do they go for 2nd hand !, can you get them in .20 (i like .20) what are they like in custom guise ! any ideas Chaps !. Or should a Prosport be on my wish list instead !
    Hi fat man,

Yep, the 97 is an awesome rifle! I have a MK1 HW97 in .22, it's little bit twangy now and could do with a service but it's still bang on target

buy one, you won't regret it
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 21-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Yep, the 97 is an awesome rifle! I have a MK1 HW97 in .22, it's little bit twangy now and could do with a service but it's still bang on target

buy one, you won't regret it [/QUOTE]

I have just fitted one of Bonnie and Clydes kits in mine and its quiet smooth and so easy to cock, dead easy to fit with no preload on the spring you dont need a spring compressor to fit it either, shooting at 11.5ftlbs with webley mozzies. consistent too.
    . its a doddle to strip now.
    I do recommend his kits.

ATB Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post

I have just fitted one of Bonnie and Clydes kits in mine and its quiet smooth and so easy to cock, dead easy to fit with no preload on the spring you dont need a spring compressor to fit it either, shooting at 11.5ftlbs with webley mozzies. consistent too.
    . its a doddle to strip now.
    I do recommend his kits.

ATB Graham
    Sounds good, could I ask what is in the kit? and how much is it?

Was just going to strip her down, give her a scrub, and grease the spring to ease the twang because it's still putting out 560fps with AA fields so it hasn't dropped off the power any, but I might look into a tune up kit

[QUOTE=DCL_dave;2990526]Sounds good, could I ask what is in the kit? and how much is it?

Info here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304912

I did'nt bother with a new seal as mine seemed ok
    Just polished the internals followed by dryslide and moly.
    After fitting mine was doing 16ftlbs before I chopped a couple of coils off the spring and closed the end up and squared it up followed by a polish.
    A bit time consuming all the fettling and refitting (made a lot easier with the shorter spring) with the spacers and then without but it was well worth it imho

ATB Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

[QUOTE=Morningstar;2990590]
    Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Sounds good, could I ask what is in the kit? and how much is it?

Info here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304912

I did'nt bother with a new seal as mine seemed ok
    Just polished the internals followed by dryslide and moly.
    After fitting mine was doing 16ftlbs before I chopped a couple of coils off the spring and closed the end up and squared it up followed by a polish.
    A bit time consuming all the fettling and refitting (made a lot easier with the shorter spring) with the spacers and then without but it was well worth it imho

ATB Graham
    yes over powered for .22 i have just ordered some shorther springs for .22

Thanks for the info, Morningstar

BONNIE & CLYDE, you have pm regarding a kit...but I'll be needing the shorter spring, please

fat man, sorry for the slight thread hijack, back on track now

Cheers all,
    Dave
    blah blah

hw77/97

hey no problems, i think is got to be the 97 then !, thanks to all who replied.