Thread: webley mk2 service

webley mk2 service

hello all,

i have been out of the air rifles for a long time but what is a original mk2 cased with all 3 barrels going for now.

thanks

Hi jo c,

Simple answer is a shed load of cash!

This chap has a MK11 service with all 3 barrels for £750, no mention of the case though.

http://www.micksguns.com/air%20guns.htm
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 21-09-2008 at 03:25 PM.

would love a mark 2 with matching numbers
    does this one all match up and what is the serial would love to know
    Last edited by psycho; 21-09-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Virtually unobtainable!
    Beware the multitude that have appeared on the market in recent years which are no more than a converted shotgun case, fake label and 3 non matching barrels, with an assortment of accessories thrown in for good measure.
    Some of these have changed hands for well over £1000, and are not a great investment!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by jo c View Post
    hello all,

i have been out of the air rifles for a long time but what is a original mk2 cased with all 3 barrels going for now.

thanks
    If it is in an original case (many copies out there ) and all three barrel and action numbers match and the woodwork is not split and it works ... Well imho anything under £600 would be giving it away and am sure a dealership with overheads and profit margins would want nearer a grand . Keep us posted please, as if you sell, I would be interest to see what it achieves (not after it myself you understand, just like being trunkie and all that ). Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Virtually unobtainable!
    Beware the multitude that have appeared on the market in recent years which are no more than a converted shotgun case, fake label and 3 non matching barrels, with an assortment of accessories thrown in for good measure.
    Some of these have changed hands for well over £1000, and are not a great investment!
    Hi slug-gun,

Thanks for the nod, I have very limited knowledge of the MK11 having only owned one for all of 4 days now! been after one for ages though

Mine is a cracking little rifle, 3rd series, .22, matched barrel/action serial number 6214. I'm in love...

Took it up to SDFTC this morning and put 3 shots over the chrono - 428, 429, 428fps for about 6.7 ft/lbs with AA Fields, remarkable consistency for a 70 Y/O gun. Everyone wanted a go at a coke can placed about 15 yards away, and most folk hit it without too much fuss, great fun
    blah blah

thanks all

evening all,

thanks for your replies and emails and can i say i put this thread on to see what the better pieces are fetching as i might start collecting again.

regards