Thread: FOR SALE: Relum Tornado

FOR SALE: Relum Tornado

This rifle is offered for sale on behalf of a friend who has lost interest in shooting generally and I believe it should be in the hands of someone who is prepared to restore and use it, or use it for spare parts to restore another rifle. This is an honest and objective appraisal of its condition but I am not an expert on this particular type of rifle.

The exterior metal work is a mixture of patchy rust and quite good original blueing. The rifle is very stiff to cock probably due to lack of lubrication but it fires okay. The stock is the type which has parallel hand hold flutes and is fitted with a metal butt plate - the stock is in surprisingly good condition, no splits or cracks - there are a couple of dings but nothing serious. The barrel exterior is unfortunately flawed by a number of light indentations as though it has been repeatedly tapped along its length by a knife blade. They are not deep but numerous.

The rifle is complete other than that the loading tap securing nut has been replaced with another which is an eyesore! The scope ramp is also missing and it looks as though the first cocking link requires a new securing pin although the original is fitted - the sights are fitted and complete.

As the manufacturers name and the model type (other than Model 322 stamped on the cylinder) is nowhere to be found, I assume that this would be written on the missing scope ramp. The rifle serial no. is 13980.

The owner is looking for £25.00 plus £6.85 postage (Second Class Standard Parcels).

NOW SOLD
    Last edited by Pugsley; 23-09-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Now Sold