Thread: Wildcat Whisper mod for .17HMR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....

Thumbs up

Just a brief update on this one after a few weeks use with the Whisper.

I can say with much more certainty now that the Whisper seems much quieter than the SAK. I still don't have access to any proper decibel measuring kit but tried the test Baz suggested and the difference over the SAK was much more significant.

Even better is that, as someone else mentioned, my groups have tightened up considerably and are more consistent over those shot with the SAK fitted.

Overall I'm very happy and would definitely recommend spending the extra dosh on one of these little mods. Top kit indeed!

ATB
    Paul
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

wildcat whisper

Bought one of these with my C.Z. 452 american .22 and can vouch for their efficiency. Tested the mod in my garage firing into a sack of plaster with rws subsonics. All i heard was the click of the trigger and honestly thought the gun had misfired till i saw the hole in the bag!!!!! Now thats quiet!!
    Same result with CCI Stingers (who needs HMR)

cover with a neoprene cover ,cuts it down another 2 db ,did on my dm80, which is much quiter than the sak i had fitted

I bought one of these for my HMR and it is of top build quality although my Anschutz still has quite a report on it but I guess thats the sonic crack as suggested. Looking to assemble a .22 lr ensemble and was thinking of same mod in the .22 obviously!
    QUESTION; do you need to spend £120 on a .22 mod to get ultimate stealth or will cheaper mods work as well on that cal??

Quote Originally Posted by treerover View Post
    I bought one of these for my HMR and it is of top build quality although my Anschutz still has quite a report on it but I guess thats the sonic crack as suggested. Looking to assemble a .22 lr ensemble and was thinking of same mod in the .22 obviously!
    QUESTION; do you need to spend £120 on a .22 mod to get ultimate stealth or will cheaper mods work as well on that cal??
    if you fire subs in 22lr then there isnt much difference in the mods for that mate. a sak will do fine or more money a ase

wildcat whisper

excellent mod, light-weight, stripp'able, over the barrel so you can still use it from the car without yoga lessons and boy does it quieten the HMR muzzle crack.....bullet still sounds like mini saturn 5 take off but, the best mod i have used by far for a HMR. its calibre specific too.
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Quote Originally Posted by derek.snr View Post
    cover with a neoprene cover ,cuts it down another 2 db ,did on my dm80, which is much quiter than the sak i had fitted
    Hello

Does anyone know a source of neoprene covers that will fit the Wildcat moderator?

Regards..

..Titan
    Ego didici ex doctrina

Just cut a length of cycle inner tube to size.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Hello

Does anyone know a source of neoprene covers that will fit the Wildcat moderator?

Regards..

..Titan
    PM William on here and he can probably sort you one out.

DM80 can supply some very solid ones made for the DM80 mod.

Do be aware that you can get heat build up in an HMR mod with a cover fitted (I also had it in my LR mod when using HP's), especially if target shooting, and the finish on some mods can suffer as a result.
    To avoid damage just take a pause between shots.

Thank you both...

..Titan
    Ego didici ex doctrina