I'm planning to get a muzzle loading pistol for target shooting with a view to entering some competitions if/when I can manage to at least hit the target. I've had lots of good advice, particularly "make sure you get a pistol that fits your hand" - which is where the problem arrives. If I want to buy a car, its dead easy to research the characteristics of loads of cars, to read various independent reviews and to test drive pretty much anything I fancy. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for muzzle loading pistols and its clearly going to take some time, effort and planning to find and visit a shop/club/individual where I can at least look at and hold any one particular pistol. Therefore it would seem wise to try to narrow the field a bit so I'm after some advice.

I'm looking for something like a Pedersoli Le Page, I'm not that cost sensitive (OK, 'er indoors may have a view on that!) if the money buys good quality materials and manufacturing. The key point is I have quite large hands - the XL-sized grips on my Steyr air pistol are frankly a touch small. Can anyone recommend a pistol that I should have a look at, or advise on ones that are not worth pursuing as they would be too small?