Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody want a shooting partner.

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.

anybody want a shooting partner.

i have been shooting for nearly two years now, but cannot find land to shoot.
    i was wondering (hoping) that someone might want to help me out.
    i am not looking at nicking anybodys shoot, and if they didnt want me to shoot, i will be more than happy carrying your gear, holding lamp, fetching the dead.

a little about myself:

i am 18 years old, i have all my own gear, cammo, rifle, lamp etc,i am also fully insured through countryside alliance,i am a member of sandhall air rifle club, i have my own car, so i can pick you up if nessesary.i work full time as a bricklayer, but dont mind late nights, early mornings and weekends.

thanks lads

looking forward to hearing from you.

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.
    no one

Wish I could help you The farms I go on only let me shoot as they know me and not my mate Dont give up TRY helping out beating on pheasent shoots this has helped me and is good fun all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Wish I could help you The farms I go on only let me shoot as they know me and not my mate Dont give up TRY helping out beating on pheasent shoots this has helped me and is good fun all the best.
    ok thanks for the tip. will try that

atb liam

Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated
    Distance is a bit of a problem for me but with your attitude I think it wont be long before you're sorted. Try sticking an advert in the Farmers Weekly, they might not take it up straight away but you could cut it out, duplicate it and post it to local landowners along with a small CV.
    Good Luck.
    Mick
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

Im in the same situation its hard finding somewhere ! Good luck finding a place. Im currently writing a letter out and im going to post it to all the local farms and golf courses. I think its unlikely anyone will reply but its worth a try !
    BSA Birsporter open sights .22 / BSA Airsporter scoped.22 / BSA Meteor .22 / Webly Tracker .22

Good luck lads. I have been trying the letters and even put in a stamped addressed envelope with a business card and and reply slip. I must admit that the response to this technique has been very dissapointing but it helps you understand how difficult getting a permission is. Your attitude is very commendible and if you were in my neck of the woods I would certainly let you shoot with me as a guest. It took me over 12 months to get my first permission so I understand how hard it seems to get a shoot. All I can say is keep trying. From what I now know you would be better off driving around the country lanes and talking to the tractor drivers coming in and out of the fields. This time of year the farmers are busy trying to get in the last of the hay and cereal crops and poughing for next year so have a quick read up on farming and show an interest in what they are doing when (if) you manage to catch one coming out of his field.
    No longer the owner of Airwolf 337

thanks for all the tips lads, ill keep trying.

chin up

try ya local golf coarses thats how i got my first shooting rights

have already tryed that, and everywhere else i can think of. nobodys willing to give me a chance, to prove myself. but will keep searching and will never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman07 View Post
    have already tryed that, and everywhere else i can think of. nobodys willing to give me a chance, to prove myself. but will keep searching and will never give up.
    bedtime bump

for my fellow airgunners

Not sure if it will prove fruitfull, but there used to be a few schools round the Lymm area that used to entertain vermin control via air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Not sure if it will prove fruitfull, but there used to be a few schools round the Lymm area that used to entertain vermin control via air rifle.
    ohh you cant remember the names by any chance

thanks liam

Sorry, I can't remember exactly, you have pm & E-mail
    Last edited by Tiger; 23-09-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I am looking for a shoot myself, and like you I would be happy to take a "second place" holding the lamp or just carrying stuff for the experience of learning rather than anything else. It is very hard to get "in" on somebody else's shoot. But your attitude in the way you ask the question speaks volumes about you (in a very positive way). Do not give up asking and good luck in your quest.

Another point is that if you join a club then you get to know the members on a personal basis, and when people know you they are more likely to invite you on a shoot with them. Join (or at least visit) every club in your area and get to know the members, You never know what may result.

For example, Tawd Vale is not that far from you (my club), come and visit us, you may find somebody who would be willing to take you along. (I offer no guarantee, but it is worth a try)