Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
Today I used the Mamba Lite on my TX200HC and here are my initial thoughts:

• Feels much lighter than the Viper, which is good for a heavy springer.
  • Optically very sharp with no distortion around the edges and image is very good right up to x16. Slight Hint of it going milky if head is in wrong position at maximum magnification and if with sun is in front, but it really is hardly noticeable...in fact less so than my old Viper (even though same glass).
  • Great reticle, which is why I love these scopes.
  • Reticle adjustment is easy and the low-profile adjusters click positively.
  • Zoom ring is very smooth, parallax adjuster is a little less smooth but not significantly so.
  • Feels solid in construction.
  • One thought for improvement for me is the field of view ... I noticed my Bushnell Sportsman has a wider FoV, by which I mean it fills the viewing area as you look down the scope. It's smaller in frame on MTC scopes so it would be great if that was changed.

Overall, great scope and perfect for hunting.
Ha, funny that.

I have just bought 2 more, one for my TX and another for the PS.

I will only be using these for day shooting though, if I go lamping (IF) I would use my old connect, I have NV anyway, so am not worried about add ons...at the moment

NV and lamping are different strategies, one is pretty static, one is quite mobile, so if you can do both.

There is so much ambient light here that normal lamping takes some doing, but NV can work in some areas.

The lite is just a nice little compact, well featured scope, and it wont make anything other than a pistol top heavy.

Better spending spare cash on decent mounts TBH (The lite does not have any, which is fine as mine will be having one piece for the boingers anyway).

I have one on my Huntsman, ideal. Works nice on bunnies

My Viper is a big beasty, but it lives on my rabbit ambushing rig, which is pretty well bipod bound, and I use it for ambushing rabbits (I have lots of hedge row warrens with very little cover, so it is ambush into wind, take one or two and move on, so they tend do be over some quite wide ranges, hence the target type scope). Works a treat, particularly with the sunshade.

Spent many a happy hour kipping behind charlene and the viper

I used to go for the largest scope I could afford, but it has become apparent that this is a bit unwise, and does not necessarilly help the balance and head position.

Just got to get shot of the sidewinder now....any offers??