Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .41 Rimfire

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Samuel Colt at one point had his manufacturing plant located in the UK. I would imagine Colts - all types - were always very popular items there.

I have also heard that the Colt company will send you some information about any Colt pistol for which you can provide them a serial number. (Probably just stuff like date and place of manufacture, and to whom factory-shipped. Your chances of finding any info about a given pistol after that point - unless it were owned by Wild Bill Hickock, or some such famous person - would proabably be about nil).

I have also heard that they charge a fee for doing so.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 07-01-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

There is a nice little article on the .41 rimfire in the latest Target Sports magazine (Feb 2009). Another good description can also be found in the 1990 Gun Digest annual.

41 rimfire

hi i have a 41 rimfire revolver in my collection,its called the smoker,i think they where made for the fronteer as a hideout gun.you can get adapter cases that use a 22 blank as a primer,dixie gunworks is where you,ll find em and only use black powder.hope this helps