Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double barrel guns

double barrel guns

Maybe someone can clear this one up for me!. Anayways about 20 odd years ago i dimley remember Airgun World testing a 2 barreled airgun, 177 and 22 barrels superimposed like an over and under shotgun. I can remeber it was very expensive so it was out of my price range. Any one remember this or like Dallas did i just dream it all !!!!.

Imperial Double Express

Thats the one Dave

The bloke who designed it went on to design the Skan bullpup.

All the best Mick

You didn't dream it. I certainly remember a test on a double barrelled airgun around then. remember much about it though.

Edit: Beat me to T20

I think I also remember.

......a side by side double barrelled air rifle in the Mags at some point in the 80's. Really wanted it but it was either too expensive or a one off. Come to think of it it may have been a one off by a suprisingly young/ingenious chap
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

You are both correct
    The double express was featured in airgun world and airgunner. One of them also had an article on a young lad who built a precharged double rifle for his school project. Used extended Webly pistol barrels if I remember correctly.

Alan Hamer of M.A.G. has one of the Imperial Double Expresses. There was only 24 supposedly produced but he has number 25 in .25 cal.
    They are built like a brick out house.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi
    I remember the double air rifle built by the young lad still have the mag with it in.
    how good would a double air rifle be , i mean to hit anything with, so if its spot on at 30 yards when it gets to 40 yards the right barrel must be going left and the left barrel must be going right if you know what i mean.
    any comments on this one ?
    JJJJJJ

double Express

Hi ,Ian alan at MC airguns showed me the same gun , it was a double express .25 ,he said that he bought the last one made,and the guy did not want to make it ,but he had it on order, so insisted that he did , it was an under lever pumper that gave both shots , and very well made, lucky sod.
    Dave.
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Hi
    I remember the double air rifle built by the young lad still have the mag with it in.
    how good would a double air rifle be , i mean to hit anything with, so if its spot on at 30 yards when it gets to 40 yards the right barrel must be going left and the left barrel must be going right if you know what i mean.
    any comments on this one ?
    JJJJJJ
    IIRC the left barrel is adjustable so that you can get the pellets to converge at say 30 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1 View Post
    Hi ,Ian alan at MC airguns showed me the same gun , it was a double express .25 ,he said that he bought the last one made,and the guy did not want to make it ,but he had it on order, so insisted that he did , it was an under lever pumper that gave both shots , and very well made, lucky sod.
    Dave.
    Thats the one !

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Maybe someone can clear this one up for me!. Anayways about 20 odd years ago i dimley remember Airgun World testing a 2 barreled airgun, 177 and 22 barrels superimposed like an over and under shotgun. I can remeber it was very expensive so it was out of my price range. Any one remember this or like Dallas did i just dream it all !!!!.

Hi, As he distinctly said above, ( Over & Under style style. .177 & .22 )
    That would be one of Mr Robin chainey,s, The Wildcat

If you do a search, on his name, I put pics up, Of this and the Bar
    Cheers,

gents as allways thanks for the info, now any left and how much!

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, As he distinctly said above, ( Over & Under style style. .177 & .22 )
    That would be one of Mr Robin chainey,s, The Wildcat

If you do a search, on his name, I put pics up, Of this and the Bar
    Cheers,
    As an Afterthought, ! If the Imperial Express had 2, different Calibres !!!
    Both barrels would need to parrelax in Both the Horixontal & vertical planes at A Specific range ?

IE, The smaller calibre would shoot Flatter than the .22 ,???
    On Robin Chainey,s gun, they are inline, ( Obviously they would have to re-calibrate, for Calibre) , Etc. Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    gents as allways thanks for the info, now any left and how much!
    PS, I have 2, left, The Wildcat, & the Bar, These are for sale, This year next ,Etc Etc
    But no silly offers ( Again ) please, These are " Handmade " Pre-Charged," You will never see them again, !!! No,s 3 of 3 & 7 of 16 , ever made,

Also 7, Innova,s ,2, Aces, 4, Sheridans, & MANY others, But not at silly money,
    I read the threads on the " New Innova " Why not by a proper " Un " Its Original, Collectible, & Is the Man ! Almost 30 years old,

A Nice Innova is around £150 Posted, Why bother with a copy costing the same !!

on Holiday now, Please respond for a week or so !
    Cheers,

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Regarding the Imperial Double Express, see post #6 as here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ots-of-goodies (photos and everything), and the June 2011 edition of Air Gun World magazine.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Regarding the Imperial Double Express, see post #6 as here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ots-of-goodies (photos and everything), and the June 2011 edition of Air Gun World magazine.
    Gareth,
    Even though it is mentioned in the other post, you forgot to mention that the very Double Express featured in your article will be offered for sale to those with sufficient depth of pocket in June (Its value has without doubt now been greatly increased due to your association).