Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: double barrel guns

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohno View Post

Gareth,

Even though it is mentioned in the other post, you forgot to mention that the very Double Express featured in your article will be offered for sale to those with sufficient depth of pocket in June (Its value has without doubt now been greatly increased due to your association).
    Ahh yes indeed it will, but similarly, you forgot to mention that said availability will be via your paymasters, namely those fine people at Holts auctioneers.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

This rifle must surely be the same one I saw sold at an auction in Chatham, Kent, a few months ago.

There was a Whiscombe JW50 in the same sale. They were from the estate of deceased local man.

The one I saw also had an Optima gamekeeper scope, and a couple of small blemishes on the action, the serial no. may have been 24, but I'm not entirely sure.

There was a thread on here about it at the time, but I can't find it

It sold for around £1000, so if it is the same one, it will be interesting to see how much it goes for, maybe I should have bought it.
    jon.skeeter@googlemail.com

If I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Regarding the Imperial Double Express, see post #6 as here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ots-of-goodies (photos and everything), and the June 2011 edition of Air Gun World magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    This rifle must surely be the same one I saw sold at an auction in Chatham, Kent, a few months ago.

There was a Whiscombe JW50 in the same sale. They were from the estate of deceased local man.

The one I saw also had an Optima gamekeeper scope, and a couple of small blemishes on the action, the serial no. may have been 24, but I'm not entirely sure.

There was a thread on here about it at the time, but I can't find it

It sold for around £1000, so if it is the same one, it will be interesting to see how much it goes for, maybe I should have bought it.
    Yep, it is the same rifle, and is No.13. The current owner bought it on impulse (we've all been there ), because it was such a well made and well finished bit of kit, but now openly admits it is not for him, as he is predominantly an F.A.C. man. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.