Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul air shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    We'll see if a link to AVA forum works over here, if it does, then here is the catalog published for the Paul shot gun. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/Amer...uns-t8235.html
    Thanks for that link. The catalog is scarcer than the gun then. I know which I would prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Here is an unusual airgun a (Paul air shotgun) which I would think not many people have had the pleasure of handling, I have just finished resealing it for a friend. As you can see the valve is quite crude but it is very efficient, (looks like it could have been designed by a plumber). As you can see it has a large reservoir and I put about 40 pumps into it which produced 5 shots. Many thanks to Garvin for help with the pictures.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL683.../335881161.jpg

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL683.../335881138.jpg

Looking at the picture of the exhaust valve, I have no idea what's going on. Reading the patent, I get the impression that this is what Wolff calls an "indirect trip" battery; that is, the hammer action hits the exhaust valve open and then moves past the valve, rather than staying in contact with the valve like most modern "direct trip" air gun batteries.

One question; Where is the air exhaust port?

Two question: Does the exhaust valve automatically reset?

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Looking at the picture of the exhaust valve, I have no idea what's going on. Reading the patent, I get the impression that this is what Wolff calls an "indirect trip" battery; that is, the hammer action hits the exhaust valve open and then moves past the valve, rather than staying in contact with the valve like most modern "direct trip" air gun batteries.

One question; Where is the air exhaust port?

Two question: Does the exhaust valve automatically reset?
    Hi Dean,

I’m sorry I can’t answer either of your questions, I resealed the Paul shotgun about ten years ago, and I just can’t remember the details, I should have taken more pictures at the time, I think my pal still owns it, but it would be a lot of hassle to get it back and strip it down, I will in future document in more detail any of the rarer airguns that go through my hands.

Kind regards, Lawrie.

Thumbs up

Like that can see the comparison with an old fashioned ballcock, great find for the owner, ...mike...