Thread: Restoration and blueing.

Restoration and blueing.

Hello All,

I will be making my first attempt at restoration shortly - does anyone know where I can get a rifle re-blued, to a high standard?

I assume that I should carry uot all repairs, seals, spring etc and ensure that the rifle works well before sending the action away to be re-blued. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As regards stock restoration, what would you recommend?

Please let me know - if there are any threads that are helpful, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Laine

mowerman knows

Hi, bbs regular Mowerman [Paul] has had a light pattern done to a very high standard by a guy that works out of Manchester Airgun Shop. I'm in not sure of his details but if you don't get any other suggestions off here send a PM to Mowerman and I'm sure he will give his recommendation and number. Caddy.

Hi there, I think Caddy is refering to Colin at Manchester Airguns, (Colmag on here!), he reblued my Webley and the blueing is superb, better in fact than a good few of my modern rifles.. Put a search in for re-blue and you should get lots of recommendations for his service. He will be able to sort out the internals as well.. Hope this helps..

Manchester Airguns All The Way......

Thank you.

Thank you all for your help - I will get in touch.

Laine

Reblueing

Hi There
    Welcome To Bbs.. There Is A Lot Of Guys On Here With Great Knowlage Who Will Be Able To Help. With Regards To The Blueing The Guy You Need To Do The Job Is Collin Molly Of Manchester Air Guns You Can Contact Him On 0161 6817947. He Has Just Done Me An Absolutly Perfect Job On My Crosman 1300 Pistol Witch Iam Restoring At The Moment. Hope This Helps.
    Atb
    John.

Re-Blueing

Colin just done my airsporter mk1, it was ready for the bin! What a brill job he's made.

Shaun Hill of ISP Air rifles does some of the best blueing and customising in the country. Check out his web site and then tell me if you are not impressed!
    He recently restored a webley mk1 for someone on the bbs.

Dave.

Yep, as James (Caddy) said above, Colin Molloy at MAG is your man.
    I can't fault his work, it's top quality at a very reasonable price!
    I've sent him a few to do now, always ones that are so bad they're not much better than scrap, and they come back better than new! I really don't know how he does it for the price he charges.
    ATB, Paul.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Yep, as James (Caddy) said above, Colin Molloy at MAG is your man.
    I can't fault his work, it's top quality at a very reasonable price!
    I've sent him a few to do now, always ones that are so bad they're not much better than scrap, and they come back better than new! I really don't know how he does it for the price he charges.
    ATB, Paul.
    Colin all the way! Apart from his blueing skills he's a very competent gunsmith, and a very helpful decent chap.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

weihrauch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
    Hi, bbs regular Mowerman [Paul] has had a light pattern done to a very high standard by a guy that works out of Manchester Airgun Shop. I'm in not sure of his details but if you don't get any other suggestions off here send a PM to Mowerman and I'm sure he will give his recommendation and number. Caddy.
    his name is colin molly.he charged me £60 to strip re blue rebuilb my hw 35E
    the finish is outstanding and does not wear off.by the time you buy the kit all the preperation work like it did en f*####*d it up. i would just send it to colin at manchester air guns.if your not pleased with it ill drink turpentine and piss on a bush fire.lol

Quote Originally Posted by dave blakemore View Post
    Shaun Hill of ISP Air rifles does some of the best blueing and customising in the country. Check out his web site and then tell me if you are not impressed!
    He recently restored a webley mk1 for someone on the bbs.

Dave.
    01922 492 661
    01922 440 593
    MOBILE:-
    07944 981 651
    www.isp-airrifles.com/