Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self build kentucky kits

Self build kentucky kits

I'm going to buy one of those self build kentucky rifle kits from the USofA. When I have finished buliding it, and drilled the vent into the barrel ect. What do I do then?
    Does it have to have a serial numebr or something? is it legal to make oyur own Guns over here.

I can't keep up with all the laws regarding Guns in this country. I'm not into researching the ideas of some fool in parliment!

You send it for proof.

I have a .60 flinter already proofed which you can have for free if you gotta da licence

Hi robin
    I'd be very interested if Rizzini doesnt want it

Andrew

self build

Hi Robin

I'd be very interested if Rizzini doesnt want it

For Free?

It's a fun gun but it's the only thing in my cabinet that isn't antique and has to pass the frequent use test. I was thinking I might take it up to the plod shop and turn it in. It has a swamped Getz barrel, Jim Chambers white lightning liner touch and round faced lock. Ignition practically guaranteed.

I didn't fancy forever polishing the brass so I had it plated cobalt gold. There's a crack in the forestock and sugar maple is a horrible waxy wood that doesn't take to glue. But if you were going to make one from a kit you could restock it. This one is slightly personalised, I cut my initial on the patch box lid

Question is, how would you get it? I could probably persuade Ivan at Westons to send it to your friendly neighbourhood RFD if you covered his costs.

www.flintlocks.co.uk click on Chambers kitgun pictures

I might get the pedersoli kentucky kit. I take it all pedersoli's kits come with proofed barrels.

Thanks

I think Pedersoli come with an Italian proof which is perfectly acceptable in the UK. I think they are stamped PN which is for black powder, Pooda Negre or similar

Hi Robin

if Rizzini doesnt want it may be we could come to a deal.

I would love to give that Chambers kitgun a good home if Rizzini doesn't take up your kind offer. I would be happy to pay for it.
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    if Rizzini doesn't take up your kind offer. I would be happy to pay for it.
    Oh, that changes things a bit, only goes to show you shouldn't dither looking a gift horse in the mouth

I think this just became an auction and you're winning. It has to go, shall we start at £5?

I just fetched it out of the gun safe for a look. Seems to be missing it's ramrod, have to find that. A quick dip with the bore light showed it's all shiny bright down there. Anything I can tell you about it?

The original kit was much too chunky in the wrist but I pared it down nice and slim. A well balanced gun with a big comfortable but plate, none of your pointy bicep grip nonsense.

Here's a movie of it, comparing the spark with leather and lead wrapped around the flint. Ignition is fast, the White Lightning liner brings the powder right out to the touch...

http://www.robinhewitt.net/leather.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by robinghewitt View Post
    I think this just became an auction and you're winning. It has to go, shall we start at £5?

http://www.robinhewitt.net/leather.wmv
    I think you will find that auctions aren't allowed on here, a price MUST be set.
    Rizzini, your address is not good enough either;
    Perhaps you both better check the stickies before you lose the thread
    Dave

I'm trying to find somewere that does the kits, in europe preferbally. Otherwise I iwll have to order from the states, and the import duty is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    Perhaps you both better check the stickies before you lose the thread
    Blooming heck Doreen, lighten up a bit dear. This isn't deathly serious stuff like airgunning, it's muzzle loading and it's supposed to be fun

I'm trying to dispose of a gun that cost hundreds of pounds and many hours of work but has to go because our cack-a-mamee gun laws have made it a pain to keep.

I am a rich SOB antique gun freak with a huge collection that I keep adding to. I really don't need the fiver, believe me

Hi Robin

how about £20 in this "not" auction
    Andrew