Thread: Self build kentucky kits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Self build kentucky kits

I'm going to buy one of those self build kentucky rifle kits from the USofA. When I have finished buliding it, and drilled the vent into the barrel ect. What do I do then?
    Does it have to have a serial numebr or something? is it legal to make oyur own Guns over here.

I can't keep up with all the laws regarding Guns in this country. I'm not into researching the ideas of some fool in parliment!

You send it for proof.

I have a .60 flinter already proofed which you can have for free if you gotta da licence

Hi robin
    I'd be very interested if Rizzini doesnt want it

Andrew

self build

Hi Robin

I'd be very interested if Rizzini doesnt want it

For Free?

It's a fun gun but it's the only thing in my cabinet that isn't antique and has to pass the frequent use test. I was thinking I might take it up to the plod shop and turn it in. It has a swamped Getz barrel, Jim Chambers white lightning liner touch and round faced lock. Ignition practically guaranteed.

I didn't fancy forever polishing the brass so I had it plated cobalt gold. There's a crack in the forestock and sugar maple is a horrible waxy wood that doesn't take to glue. But if you were going to make one from a kit you could restock it. This one is slightly personalised, I cut my initial on the patch box lid

Question is, how would you get it? I could probably persuade Ivan at Westons to send it to your friendly neighbourhood RFD if you covered his costs.

www.flintlocks.co.uk click on Chambers kitgun pictures

I might get the pedersoli kentucky kit. I take it all pedersoli's kits come with proofed barrels.

Thanks

I think Pedersoli come with an Italian proof which is perfectly acceptable in the UK. I think they are stamped PN which is for black powder, Pooda Negre or similar