Thread: Explosives certificate

Explosives certificate

Without thinking too much, I had assumed that acquiring a FAC for a muzzle loader and acquiring the Explosives Certificate + RCA for black (Swiss) powder would go together. So while I wait to complete the probationary membership term with my club, I can only shoot the club's Ruger Old Army under the supervision of an experienced club member who also has to supply the powder - which means I'm trespassing twice on their generosity. It has just occured to me that my assumption may be wrong. Is there any reason why I can't apply for the Explosives papers now before completing the probationary membership required for the FAC?

regards
    Nigel

Hi Nigel

No you have to get the gun first to justify why you want the explosives licence. Unless your Explosives Enquiry Officer has a different view but that's what mine told me.
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

You could always purchase some pyrodex till you get sorted.......

Quote Originally Posted by fcat View Post
    Without thinking too much, I had assumed that acquiring a FAC for a muzzle loader and acquiring the Explosives Certificate + RCA for black (Swiss) powder would go together. So while I wait to complete the probationary membership term with my club, I can only shoot the club's Ruger Old Army under the supervision of an experienced club member who also has to supply the powder - which means I'm trespassing twice on their generosity. It has just occured to me that my assumption may be wrong. Is there any reason why I can't apply for the Explosives papers now before completing the probationary membership required for the FAC?

regards
    Nigel

You can buy everything you need to shoot the clubs gun yourself - ball/bullet, Triple 777 & caps- all with no FAC, explosives ticket or RCA plus all the other many bits of kit us BP shooters seem to need !!!

Dont forget the 777 is volume measured

Cheers

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 06-10-2008 at 04:34 PM.