Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: U.B.C Meet

Can we wear our Bunny Slippers and Robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Jim.

Our time the sign in is from 10am, then it will be a nice steady flow through the categories & then side shoots.

What time will that be in your neck of the woods?

Regards
    Paddy.
    At five am maybe I will shoot straighter - since I will not be concentrating so hard!!
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan McArthur View Post
    At five am maybe I will shoot straighter - since I will not be concentrating so hard!!
    Hi Jan

I have sent you a PM.

& yes you can wear whatever you want, aslong as it's respectable

We are are civilised bunch you know, NOT
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    It's 6:07 AM in New Orleans as I type this, and still dark as midnight outside. Our outdoor light provides sufficient lumination for my tired old myopic eyes to see the bullseye targets (clear black and white contrast), but the multicolored ones don't come across clearly enough.

We'll have to wait for better lighting as the day commences.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Negative vibes Jim, negative vibes.

That's strictly a NO NO

When you step up to the line always tell yourself it's going to be good. Totally focused on the highest scoring ring, see the pellet holes in there before you even shoot.

You must know before you even shot that it's going to be a good score.

Now go stand in the naughty corner for 10mins for having negative thoughts.

Good luck to you and Jan,

Phil.

You're right, Phil. I stand chastened!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

[QUOTE=Jan McArthur;3068440]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    [FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="4"]Negative vibes Jim, negative vibes.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]That's strictly a NO NO

When you step up to the line always tell yourself it's going to be good. Totally focused on the highest scoring ring, see the pellet holes in there before you even shoot.

You must know before you even shot that it's going to be a good score.

Now go stand in the naughty corner for 10mins for having negative thoughts.

Good luck to you and Jan,

Phil.

I am Marry Poppins married to the Grinch! He needs a naughty corner and I am the one to put him in it! Maybe some of my optimism and cheer will rub off - although it hasn't in 7 & 1/2 years!!
    We will try to meet you all early - though we may still be in our PJs and Bathrobes at 5:00 am here!!!
    Jan's right about all that! I was born to darkness: she to light. I worry about everything, and try to cover all bases: she's all faith and hope.

Jim

We're going to stick with our CO2 pistols for today and for the Second Half of the Competition: Jan's Crosman and my Smith.

I need the practice with the Smith, and to be honest, I like it better. The Beeman is starting to develop mechanical problems. I'm going to use it for Pollythedog's last month of competition in November, and then decide what to do with it: fix it, sell it, put a red dot sight on it, whatever.

Jim

My Main comp scores

Since we're all shooting "publicly" today...I just shot my main comp: scored 37, 34, 1-handed, and 35, 31, 2-handed, = 137 / 200 total.

Strange that I did better 1-handed than 2, innit?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Since we're all shooting "publicly" today...I just shot my main comp: scored 37, 34, 1-handed, and 35, 31, 2-handed, = 137 / 200 total.

Strange that I did better 1-handed than 2, innit?

Jim
    How come nobody's on the Forum today?

On the Halloween Pumpkin, I did 29/50.

On Fawkesey Guy, I did 24/50.

Jim

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

UBC Meet

I've not long got back in, it was a terrific day. I managed to fluke winning the side shoot along with 3rd in the spring and PCP. Pad.E has all the scores and baby Badger Matt did very well for his first ever comp!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Jan's scores

JAN did:

Main Comp.

10, 19 1-handed and 20, 14 2-handed = 63/200.

Halloween Pumpkin:

Fawkesey Guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    I've not long got back in, it was a terrific day. I managed to fluke winning the side shoot along with 3rd in the spring and PCP. Pad.E has all the scores and baby Badger Matt did very well for his first ever comp!

Ryan
    Congratulations to both of you!

Jim

Thanks to everyone for a cracking day especially cookie, Pad E and family, i can now put a few faces to the names sorry i had to shoot of but i had promised a mate i would sort his bike out nice to see you again Ryan
    Founder Member of The Umarex Boys Club

Sorry didn't join in and shoot today, today's weather was moved on to tomorrow so took advantage, will shoot tomorrow when its tipping down.

Thanks to everyone involved for a great day. I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and putting faces to the names I have read about so often.

I am now looking for a glass-fronted Spoon Cabinet to match my lounge décor!

As Posted above, my Son Matt ended up in a shoot off with Ryan on his first ever pistol comp, so well done to him, and to Ryan for coming out on top in the end.

It was clear that a lot of organisation had gone into the day, and it certainly seemed a success.

Thanks once again for a brilliant day.
    Last edited by delta1; 26-10-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Thanks Guys

Well done to Matt, to Ryan to all the other competitors.

had an excellent day.. I have done the results thread >HERE<

Mr Dibdob you came 3rd in the Co2 your award will posted to you.

Jan & Jim , really sorry that the uplink didn't work out . I was only able to get your scores this evening. As stated in the results thread next time we do hope to have it sorted properly.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK