Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: U.B.C Meet

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Yep I banged me head

I went over into the club house & said thank you

I myself & everyone really did appreciate the use of the grounds. They said that we would be welcome again if we needed a venue again.

Thanks Tony for your kind words.

Regards
    Paddy.
    well next time fellow U.B.C. members...bring your rifles and the resident greyhound club members will be more than happy to take you round the FT course

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    well next time fellow U.B.C. members...bring your rifles and the resident greyhound club members will be more than happy to take you round the FT course
    Thanks Andy.

A few people did bring there rifles & had a few shots at the top of the plinking course. I brought my PCP so Sinead could go round with her mom but we were all too busy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Just to add to the others comments,

great to meet all who were there, I can see your face next time I give you some slavver.....

good laugh, good shooting.

big thanks to Paddy, Jason, Helen for organising a cracking day (shame I couldn't stay longer) can we arrange it away from my missus's birthday next time? and to the Greyhound lads who made us very welcome, and you Andy.

Looking forward to the next one.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Sorry I've been MIA, guys - only just hauled my sorry ass out of bed!

It was great to meet you all on Saturday, we had some brilliant craic and the shoot was a credit to Paddy, his lovely wife and daughters who worked really hard scoring and keeping us fed and watered on the day, Jason, Tony and Jim who managed to overcome the distance logistics and put on a very enjoyable and well-organised shoot. Well done to everyone!

I still can't believe you actually got Cheryl interested enough to shoot - not to mention that she kicked my ass in fine style in the sideshoot - I'll never hear the last of that!!!

Thanks also to Ryan for the borrow of that amazing LP50 - shame 'er indoors put the block on what could've been a very equitable trade.

Nice to meet you all socially afterwards in the pub and later back at the hotel - Jason, Tony, Keith and Mrs Keith, thanks for your company. We put the world to rights, eh?

Paddy - you were right about Kibworth, first class ground. Big thanks to UKNeil for suggesting it. We arrived around noon on the Sunday and had 50 Skeet each. First round, I shot a 23 ex 25 and really thought I was on for straighting it second time out, but someone joined us for the second round who had to shoot 100 registered and had a very stern-looking referee alongside scoring him, which was enough to affect my concentration, so I only managed an 18 but thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless. I won't embarrass Cheryl by posting her scores, but she has the excuse of having recently had a recoil pad fitted which has altered length of pull and to be fair she's still getting used to the different sight picture. I'm sure she'll bounce back before long.

We got back home around fiveish last night and were so knackered (in a nice way) that we were in bed by 8.30.

Once again, thanks to everyone involved, and here's to the next meet - can't wait.

All the best,

Mike & Cheryl.

Thanks Russ, Mike & Cheryl

It was real good craic & conversation in the Greyhound Pub afterwards, just a shame we couldn't stay any longer.

Kibworth is a first class ground also. Did you go into the cafe?

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Guy's, well what can i say that hasn't been said already. For those that didn't make it you missed a great day. Those that did turn up a real big Thank You for making the effort, as we wouldn't have had much of a Meet without you. The Biggest THANK YOU has to go to Paddy & his lovely wife Helen, Paddy of course for organising the whole event, which i know he was really worried about as he had never done anything like it before, Paddy you done yourself and all of the members proud, well done fella, and of cousre Helen for the great spread she laid on and keeping us supplied with tea and coffee, from the whole gang i thank you, and of course thier two daughters Sinead and Saphire (sorry if spelt wrong) who were real stars on the day.
    I was great to finally meet all you guy's that i have chatted to here on the BBS, it seem as we had all know each other for years. Congratulations to all who won something on the day, and to those that didn't you've got around 6 months to practise for the next one.

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible, i wouldn't of dreamed this little club i started 7 months ago, would have grown the way it has.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

First of all I would like to say a huge thanks to the organisers, it was nice to meet everyone and get my first taste of Pistol shooting.

Everyone was so friendly and willing to let others try out their guns and happy to help where ever, and even willing to share the lovely food that was on offer.

Also I must say many thanks for the prizes that were up for grabs, my Gold and Silver badges aswell as my Trophy looks fantastic on the side table with Mr.Delta "Two Spoons" camo utensils.

Many thanks, Matt.

Thumbs up Well done Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by mattg558 View Post
    Also I must say many thanks for the prizes that were up for grabs, my Gold and Silver badges aswell as my Trophy looks fantastic on the side table with Mr.Delta "Two Spoons" camo utensils.

Many thanks, Matt.
    Well shot Matt, especially considering you'd never picked up a pistol before.

Spawny bugger!

Seriously though, well done.

I am quite proud of Matt's achievements.

Getting to 16 in Nottingham without handling a pistol is quite a feat.

Here's a link to the PB album, the photos are rough and ready, but I hope they give a feel of the day.

Thanks once again to all concerned.

Two Spoons; D1

"Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Ahem.

Pad, we need words.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

First of all I would like to say a huge thanks to the organisers, it was nice to meet everyone and get my first taste of Pistol shooting.

Everyone was so friendly and willing to let others try out their guns and happy to help where ever, and even willing to share the lovely food that was on offer.

Many thanks, Matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Ahem.

Pad, we need words.

'Two' can play at that game, my good friend
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Many thanks, Matt.
    Hell fire Matt, I didnt realise it was your first shoot with pistols.

WELL DONE
    and beating your ol' man?

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Many thanks, Matt.

Thanks Matt.

You earned those prizes with your shooting mare welldone

now all you, your dad & grandad need to do is become a member of the U.B.C (contact 'cookie' Jason) & take part in the online comps each month.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I went over into the club house & said thank you
    Paddy.
    I also went over to the club house and said a Big Thank You for the use of the club, I would also like to thank all the members of the Greyhound Club for giving up half their range and making us all feel so welcome, and would consider it a great honor if they let us hold another event their in the future.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I also went over to the club house and said a Big Thank You for the use of the club, I would also like to thank all the members of the Greyhound Club for giving up half their range and making us all feel so welcome, and would consider it a great honor if they let us hold another event their in the future.

Jason
    was a pleasure having you there although we will have to charge paddy for the damage he caused to the plinking range roof

i doubt if there will be any if's about another event,was a pleasure having you there.....should i bring a crash helmet for paddy(the american boy scout)