Thread: Pellet Testing - Do you bother?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Pellet Tests

Always with a new gun, whether I've got it second hand or brand spanking new it gets the same treatment. I'll ask the owners recomendations but 9 times out of 10 my idea of deadly accurate and theirs differ. I do it for my old mans guns as well as we both know the guns are spot on then it's just us. Once I've found a batch the guns like I tend to buy loads of that batch to save me having to do it again with another one.

At the end of the day it's one variable reduced, which means one less thing to go wrong and more mental capacity to take the shot. Hunting or competition gun if I get a bigger group than a penny at 55/60 yards then I'll keep trying pellets until I get them, as I'm yet to see a rabbit/rat/corvid with a 1 inch circular head!

It's an easy way to get to know a new gun as well, spending a weekend on the range punching paper and shooting targets. But most guns will do ok groups with most pellets, it all depends on the standards you set of yourself!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

If you don't have time to test every pellet on the market... and the expense that would cost.
    Then take the one tin of each of the top 3 rated pellets and just give them a go...

Or alternatively you can buy sample packs of all pellets.

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/acatalog/Pe...ple_Packs.html