Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simmons Scopes - Made in China?

Simmons Scopes - Made in China?

Hello All,

Just got a rifle with a Simmons 3 - 9 x 40mm scope on it. The scope says made in China.

What I would like to know is, are Simmons scopes normally made in China or is this a clone?

Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Quote Originally Posted by Greylag View Post
    Hello All,

Just got a rifle with a Simmons 3 - 9 x 40mm scope on it. The scope says made in China.

What I would like to know is, are Simmons scopes normally made in China or is this a clone?

Regards
    most are made in china,the good ones are made in phillipenes,all the new range is made in china even the top ends new aetecs, some of the old range were made in china and phillipines,that scope you got is not far off a wtc,i have wtcs and aetecs.
    that scope does go blurry on 9x depending on distance but 8x and under its very clear.
    atb

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    http://www.simmonsoptics.co.uk/AboutSimmons.htm

There's not many hints on the website. However, I know that many moons ago Simmons scopes were made in the Phillipines. I think that may have changed when the brand changed hands a few years ago.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Hello Sam.

Thanks for the reply and the link. The scope I have holds focus right through the range. My eyes aren't what they used to be but a shooting mate was playing with the scope on the way home in the car yesterday. He says it was spot on for his eyes right through the magnification range.

Regards

TERRYT is offline I DID see a pussy. I DID! I DID!

Question China.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylag View Post
    Hello All,

Regards
    DAVE,
    china are copying just about everthing at the moment,on licence from companies from the uk to the rest of the world,unfortunately most things
    not too well,its a lottery im;e afraid,remember when imports used to
    have,....made in taiwan..... stamped on them, its no different now
    from china, some things good,most rubbish,and then try getting your money back when your item goes t*ts upi would buy the original in
    the uk given the choice,at least you have comeback if its not
    working, or fit for purpose.

ATVB TERRY
    Last edited by TERRYT; 05-10-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: SPELLING
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    DAVE,
    china are copying just about everthing at the moment,on licence from companies from the uk to the rest of the world,unfortunately most things
    from china, some things good,most rubbish,and then try getting your money back when your item goes t*ts upi would buy the original in

ATVB TERRY
    Terry,
    the vast majority of genuine branded scopes, for less than around £200, available in the UK are made in China, whether we like it or not. Just because a Simmons may have made in China on it does not mean that it's a fake or copy.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

DAVE,

ATVB TERRY
    I have an Orvis CFO fly reel made in China. They cost 160 bar. Bought it BNIB off fleabay for 80 ish. When I saw on the box made in China I was a little disappointed.They were made in uk untill recently. However, on inspection the workmanship if first class. Stunning in fact. So they ain't all bad.
    I heard China is the new Japan regarding scope glass?

If you need to know something ask somebody who knows not Fred down the pub..

TERRYT is offline I DID see a pussy. I DID! I DID!

Talking I Surrender!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    If you need to know something ask somebody who knows not Fred down the pub..
    OOPS!! Still, i would buy from a local dealer, got some easier way for a replace/refund if all is not well!!, and i can check it before purchace,no
    matter where its made.
    ATVB TERRY
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

DAVE,

ATVB TERRY
    It's the importers who provide the spec. this stuff is built to. The Chinese will supply top quality if your willing to pay for it.

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm going to use the Simmons for a while and see how it goes.

Regards

Don't dismiss China. It has has more than come in from the manufacturing cold.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Don't dismiss China. It has has more than come in from the manufacturing cold.
    Asolutely. My Simmonds WTC 1.5-5x20 is winging it's way to me. May arrive Mon, def Tues. Can't wait to snap it on to my wolf. Whispering death with clarity.

I have this scope -- very good it is too.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

I wouldn't worry about it,the Chinese are making everything now so their manafacturing skills must be getting good.A work mate of mine just bought a Sony laptop,on the bottom it says made in China.Anyway who are we to scoff,how many industries have we got left in this great nation of ours.If they brought the scope here to be made i don't think we will do a much better job at it.
    You don't know everything!

http://www.badwolf.org.uk/