Thread: Hawke Sr advice

Hawke Sr advice

Do any of use above? Does the plan work as in dvd and graduations on the reticule fot .22. Any advice would be ver welcome. Cheers.

i would suggest the first step,if you havent already, would be to download the free Balistic Reticle Calculculator (BRC) of the website. then have a play around with adjusting the FPS and magnification adjustments

From all accounts it seems to work really well if you have it set up correctly
    "There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England". - Winston Churchill

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I don't understand what the post is asking if the truth be told??

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

the graduations on the dvd do work.... however the most accurate way is to input the data into the BRC available from hawke as matey said above, then you have aim points specifically for your set up... if your set up is exactly the same as dvd then it would be exactly that.... but your scope height and fps is probably different to the one used in dvd.

Mmm, bit tricky then. Must admit read AGW jan '97 account of how it works and it all sounded logical to me. Can't see why it wouldn't work goodo providing, as you suggest, you put accurate info in.

The SR12 works best for .22. You need to input the pellet weight/type, scope height, magnification, and muzzle velocity. Finally, check the projected aim points at known ranges, the computer is not infallible..!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Mmm, bit tricky then. Must admit read AGW jan '97 account of how it works and it all sounded logical to me. Can't see why it wouldn't work goodo providing, as you suggest, you put accurate info in.
    Its not as difficult as you think. just put in you rifles data and press enter - easy
    "There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England". - Winston Churchill

I found the aim points to be near, but not blob on... I checked the data I'd put in BRC...it was right as far as I could see... this was .177. It wasn't 1 aim point out - but easily 1/2...i.e half way between the specified aim point and the previous one. This was @ 40 yds IIRC but can't remember the magnification. It didn't really matter, as long as I knew where they were going. And BRC draws some great graphs.

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    If you put in your zero, your pellet's FPS,your mag and scope height your laughing , its so simply its not true. Once its all in there you will be as happy as you like, i use the SR in competition and it works a treat.

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Absolutely spot on for me
    FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

I use the Map 6 reticule in my Hawkes and the BRC program is absolutely spot on. Remember the ED value is the same as the BC values given in Chairgun and they do make some difference.
    The list is shortened..... but still distinguished.

I've got an SR6 which I use on my springer as I wanted to try all this graduated fandangle stuff. Only thing I can fault the scope with is the zero changes if you change the parallax. Shame as it is pretty funky apart from that.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit