Thread: Anyone using a Air Arms S510 SL

Anyone using a Air Arms S510 SL

I am wondering if any one has actually bought an S510 and is regularly using it. If so any problems come to light?

My local dealer has just got 2 in and as they are on my wanted list, thought I might go and have yet another look tomorrow ( with my wallet this time)

Have read all the write ups, now I want to find out what else we know?

Many thanks for your opinions as ever.

Pete
    The list is shortened..... but still distinguished.

As f as I can tell, the only significant change is the side level action. I'd imagine though that it's very well engineered and hopefully as efficient as that on the HW100
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    As f as I can tell, the only significant change is the side level action. I'd imagine though that it's very well engineered and hopefully as efficient as that on the HW100
    What about the bull barrel and different stock??

This also is the stock they have started to fit to new S4*0's.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What about the bull barrel and different stock??

This also is the stock they have started to fit to new S4*0's.
    its the same barrel thats on the falcan bb

I'll take that as a no then. Thanks anyway....

Hi Pete. I used one last weekend. Sidelever cocking is really nice. Smooth and positive (no free play) I'd previously owned a s400 and did'nt like the cocking bolt on it, found it awkward and stiff especially when prone. This seems to be a big improvement, nice gun allround but. Big price hike over s410.. Best to try one for yourself and see if you think it justifies the price. atb Brian.

not got one but was in blackpool for about a week and half, just got back last tuesday (visiting my brother) and as usual when down there i took a few trips into BAR. now im a big fan of my aa 410 classic, so seing a 510 on the wall i asked them about it, if i could have a look, what the general concensus was etc. now to look at it's quite nice but the guys there didn't seem to think much of it, infact they didn't seem to rate it.

so i had a hold of it and it didn't seem to bad, the side lever cocking looked a bit funny they suggested giving it a try, (dry firing in a safe direction) and my god it seemed about 10 times louder then my 410. also felt a bit klunky. also they metioned something about the thread on the barrel, can't remember exactly what it was whether it was a different size of thread or infact a lefthand thread but im afraid the general feeling was stick to the 400, 410 range or go for the hw100.

but in saying all this if not shot one for reall and there was a review in gun mart (i think) in which it seemed to come out quite well.

sorry if this is absolutly no help but there you go.

all the best malp
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

Friend of mine got one a few weeks back, he loves it to bits.
    I can't fault it's accuracy, in the right hands.
    After owning an S400, the sidelever on the S510SL seems very awkward.
    There's nothing wrong with the original bolt action providing it's lubricated properly. You still get that point where the bolt/lever has to be pulled hard to cock it, which juniors have a problem with.
    Theoben MFR CS800 .177/Burris Timberline, Theoben Evo .177/ Burris Timberline, BSA Supersport .25, Haenel XX, BSA Ultra .177/ Burris Timberline.

I myself have handled one at my local dealer. They are lovely looking and very light and the build quality seemed okay.The sidelever cocking did seem a bit flimsy but I dont like the rear bolt action of the S410 or the Daystates etc and I absolutely hate the FX Biathalon style levers. The HW100 is heavy and not particlarly pretty though probably a better rifle. The build qaulity of the HW is great but I hate the pressure guage position.

I think I'll continue to sit on my money until the S510 has been around a bit longer...

skan32 is offline Grangrad we love you.....
    Oooer i was looking for a lot on this one, opinions don't ride high on it will have too reconsider & leave it alone for a while
    Rapid MFR .177/Hawke Sidewinder 30. 6-24x56 SR12 Nite Eye,
    HW100.

Quote Originally Posted by relivingmyyouth View Post
    I dont like the rear bolt action of the S410 or the Daystates etc and I absolutely hate the FX Biathalon style levers. The HW100 is heavy and not particlarly pretty though probably a better rifle. The build qaulity of the HW is great but I hate the pressure guage position....
    Sounds like a rapid will fit your criteria. Maybe?

Buddy bottles.. Yuuch !!!