Thread: CO2 Umarex Beretta Pistol not cycling properly

CO2 Umarex Beretta Pistol not cycling properly

Hi,

Can anyone give me advice on how to fix my beretta co2 pistol which is not cycling the magazine properly??

Many thanks in advance

TP

Cov37 Guest
    Not sure on the gun mate but you gave me a laugh with your username how did you come up with something like that??

picked up the nickname a few years ago by wearing a slightly tight pair of trousers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tightpants View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone give me advice on how to fix my beretta co2 pistol which is not cycling the magazine properly??

Many thanks in advance

TP

Have you tried the pistol mag without any pellets in it? This will at least determine if the pellets are causing a problem.

Do all mags jam?

Is it jamming on the first shot?

When you drop the rotary mag in just make sure it's seated properly.

If you try to force it to cycle it may damage the indexing hand.

Good luck, Phil

=

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

If you try to force it to cycle it may damage the indexing hand.

Good luck, Phil

=
    Just like I did
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Wink hiiiiiii

seat your pellets too,,,i had a cp99..same problem...use something to push the pellets a few mm into the mag,,,works for me

A couple of things it could be

The three things I can think of off the top of my head to help you isolate the problem are:

1) Will the gun fire with an empty mag?
    2) Will the gun fire without a mag in it?
    3) will the gun fire with a different mag in it?

For 1)
    If it fires without jamming with an empty mag it probably means that your pellets aren't seated properly in the mag. Make sure they are seated at least flush. Some pellets are just too long and poke out a bit.

For 2)
    There is a mechanism in the gun to prevent it being fired with the slide open. The pin that goes through the middle of the magazine goes into a part that locks up the trigger if the slide is open. The first time I took my gun apart to have a squiz at the internals and give them a clean out I didn't reseat this part properly and open it up again to fix it.

For 2)
    I've worn out a few magazines over the years, you should think of them as a "wear part" anyway. If the mag isn't indexed when you put it into the gun and cock it or pull the trigger then the pawl that indexes the mag wears at it. Check with another mag to see if it's that that's causing it. If it is only jamming on one or two shots out of eight then this is probably the problem. If so, toss the mag and buy some new ones - you can never have too many anyway.

If it is never indexing them right then it could be that the pawl that indexes the mag is bent or worn out. Have a look at it to check, mine is noticably worn towards the centre of the gun but still works OK.

M