Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nefta Winter League R1 @ Codnor

Thumbs up

another quality nefta shoot.top job codnor,well done

Yeah well done to the CODNOR lads and lasses for an excellent first round from the guys at Hull. It was like shooting at home for us ( open field lol ).
    very enjoyable day. looked like you had a good turn out from other clubs.

The food was spot on so special thanks to all the ladies in the kitchen

Trev ... I cant believe you missed me off for a raffle ticket, that's twice now ... I must be blessed ... but them pound coins are getting heavy in my pocket

Thumbs up Wr1

Quote Originally Posted by sHotRod View Post
    Yeah well done to the CODNOR lads and lasses for an excellent first round from the guys at Hull. It was like shooting at home for us ( open field lol ).
    very enjoyable day. looked like you had a good turn out from other clubs.

The food was spot on so special thanks to all the ladies in the kitchen

Trev ... I cant believe you missed me off for a raffle ticket, that's twice now ... I must be blessed ... but them pound coins are getting heavy in my pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by stanbridge View Post
    another quality nefta shoot.top job codnor,well done
    Quote Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
    Thanks to Codnor for a good day - some tricky wind at times made it a bit of a challenge. Well done to Pee Dutty for his clear round

To Trev - unlucky flower - but good shooting anyway

Dave.
    thanks guys we hoped the wind was as it normaly is at codnor blowing a gail

but it never came

thanks all for coming down made the hard work we did worth it

see you all at round two

shaun
    Codnor Target and Field Club & CASTLE F.T.A.R.C
    AIR ARMS OWNERS CLUB SHOOTING THE BREEZE
    HW100 in EV2 winter real tree stock. AAs200 mk1 in home made stock

TREV RYN is offline Has thee a raffle ticket yet flower?
    yes well done another great round of nefta winter league

also a very big well done to the raffle winners who were

CALLUM LINDLY
    EDD PLANT
    ROY IORNMONGER
    ROB LONG
    SHAUN [CODNOR]
    DAVE CRUMB
    well done luvs
    and to all who took part in the raffle well done luvs your all winners in my eyes
    check out emley moor ftc web site
    http://emleymoorftc.co.uk/EmleyChat.aspx

The scores are available here

http://www.nefta.org.uk/
    Last edited by Scooby; 13-10-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Cheers Codnor (and Shaun for confriming I could shoot as a guest), great course, ( never had to search so hard for tagets before!), shot round with a couple of nice guys and enjoyed the day.
    Interesting to see the pistol comp as well, not come across that before.

Even the guy chanting "go home midlanders" ( not in a joking way either) couldn't spoil a good mornings shooting.

Thanks again guys

cheers
    G
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post

Even the guy chanting "go home midlanders" ( not in a joking way either) couldn't spoil a good mornings shooting.
    Can't understand that mate I and many other NEFTA shooters have very good friends from the MFTA. Quite a few MFTA shooters are also members of NEFTA clubs.
    I'm sure this chanting you heard was just banter in a jokingly way

never heard anything...

Quote Originally Posted by S Hebby View Post
    Can't understand that mate I and many other NEFTA shooters have very good friends from the MFTA. Quite a few MFTA shooters are also members of NEFTA clubs.
    I'm sure this chanting you heard was just banter in a jokingly way
    me either

im a NEFTA / MFTA shooter and have a great laugh with all the lads from both league`s must just bin a bit of friendly banter graham

im a NEFTA shooter in a MFTA region what else can i do lol

shaun
    Codnor Target and Field Club & CASTLE F.T.A.R.C
    AIR ARMS OWNERS CLUB SHOOTING THE BREEZE
    HW100 in EV2 winter real tree stock. AAs200 mk1 in home made stock

TREV RYN is offline Has thee a raffle ticket yet flower?
    never heard a thing and i was all over the place most of the day, it was probably said in fun as the nefta lads and midland lads are one big family all brothers ya know
    check out emley moor ftc web site
    http://emleymoorftc.co.uk/EmleyChat.aspx

Like I said it didn't spoil the day, and ironically the guy had a valid point to his opinion, just chose to vacalise it in the way I mentioned.
    For the record he was concerned at having travelled some distance and upon seeing the queue to check in was worried he may not get to shoot the first session, and was especially concerned that "locals" to the venue who were not NEFTA may get to shoot and he would not until later. Fair do's, Codnor club is a long way south for many of you NEFTA guys, and a long journey only to have to wait a few hours to get to shoot could be seen to be quite annoying.

Now I have to admit I fully agree with him, I was only there for the sake of my own practice and was grateful to be allowed to shoot, had a request been made to shoot later I would not have had a problem, less easy going folk than myself would perhaps have took a different view, especially when his little chant came out, ( only a spoken chant, not shouted, but enough for those with in a few places in the queue to hear.) Everyone is entiltled to their opinion and that was his.

On the other side of the fence, everyone was as friendly as I have ever found since starting shooting, I have often commented to folk on how accomadating the shooting community is to newcomers and the speed with which they volunteer help and advice, even on occasion offering a spare gun to shoot with.

cheers
    G
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Like I said it didn't spoil the day, and ironically the guy had a valid point to his opinion, just chose to vacalise it in the way I mentioned.
    For the record he was concerned at having travelled some distance and upon seeing the queue to check in was worried he may not get to shoot the first session, and was especially concerned that "locals" to the venue who were not NEFTA may get to shoot and he would not until later. Fair do's, Codnor club is a long way south for many of you NEFTA guys, and a long journey only to have to wait a few hours to get to shoot could be seen to be quite annoying.

Now I have to admit I fully agree with him, I was only there for the sake of my own practice and was grateful to be allowed to shoot, had a request been made to shoot later I would not have had a problem, less easy going folk than myself would perhaps have took a different view, especially when his little chant came out, ( only a spoken chant, not shouted, but enough for those with in a few places in the queue to hear.) Everyone is entiltled to their opinion and that was his.

On the other side of the fence, everyone was as friendly as I have ever found since starting shooting, I have often commented to folk on how accomadating the shooting community is to newcomers and the speed with which they volunteer help and advice, even on occasion offering a spare gun to shoot with.

cheers
    G
    I'd have told moaning Git to off, I think there were only 2 MFTA shooters in the first session so he'd be better getting out of bed earlier.

It's a good job we don't know who he is or he'd likely find himself in the second session for the rest of the league.

ground rules.

Would it not be a good idea for the NEFTA boys too set some ground rules for all the travelling out of region shooters to obide by. Maybe NEFTA shooters only too shoot the first sesssion. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SMILESALOT View Post
    Would it not be a good idea for the NEFTA boys too set some ground rules for all the travelling out of region shooters to obide by.
    1. Shooters known as Andrew or Mr Gillimott (to close friends) must miss more than 1 target.

i know that only 4 thorndell shooters arrived to shoot second session and nobody from mannion,so whats the next most northerly club.ponte aint that far, like to know who it was because i travelled 300 miles yesterday and wanted to shoot 2nd session,thoroughly enjoyed it