Thread: How long do you leave between shots.

How long do you leave between shots.

Hi All

Due to the nature of co2 pistols, when target shooting how long do you leave between shots (to try and mantain a consistancy of power).

Cheers
    Chip
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

I personally don't even think about it, and I tend to shoot the comps quite quickly: at a guess, I'd say five to ten seconds between shots. I concentrate more on my stance and hold, and once those are sorted, I move on to sight picture. The Beretta 92FS is a heavy bugger, especially shooting single-handed, so once the gun is on-aim and I'm happy with my stance, hold and sight-picture, it stays on-aim until I have to reload.

Can't say I've noticed any major power drops doing it my way, so I suppose it's whatever works for you.

Fast-fire tin cans as fast as you can pull the trigger, now that's a different story: there's a noticeable decrease in power around halfway through the mag, but you'd never shoot competition targets that way anyway.

Hope that helps from my perspective.

For precision shooting with the Alfa, the time it takes to operate the bolt and add a pellet.

Rapid fire with the S & W causes a drop in velocity as stated above, but not enough to cause me to miss a can. If I miss, it's not the gun's fault!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.