Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: left eye dominant

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I am right-handed, but left eye dominant so shoot left-handed.

As Karoly Takacs showed, if you train hard enough, shooting off-hand is not a problem
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Offset grips

I bought them direct from Rink in Germany

www.pistol-grips.net

They have an online ordering service and are very reasonable to deal with there response to me emailing questions was rapid, almost bt return..no time to go and make a coffee, it was that quick and any of my questions however simple the answer might have been they always took time to explain.

Turn around from time of order to delivery was about 4 weeks that included their 2 week holiday

Hope this helps

Iain

Left Eye Right Hand

Derek,

I bought them direct from Rink in Germany went to their website and went from there, I phoned with a few what may have seemed stupid questions and was helped through the whole process, They took the order, I faxed payment details to them, they said it would take four weeks and apologised for the delay as they were on holiday for two weeks but still gave me a date when they would be posted and the were bang on two days after posting I had a cracking set of grips, far more comfortable than the originals and as i said in the previous post they bring the pistol up with almost no searching for the target or forsight blade.

I'll put a couple of pics up later to let you see.

Regards

Iain

Eye dominance really shouldn't matter with target shooting unless you are shooting shotguns. Even there one eye will suffice if you are shooting trap disciplines. As someone suggested previously in this thread you need to cover the dominant eye with a semi translucent blind. If you block the eye all together your iris in the other eye will dilate. This is a normal physiological response to let more light in. Unfortunately it also spoils your depth of vision. My other half has a real problem with eye dominance which as she only shoots shotgun was causing problems. On the advice of Simon at Stewards of Bisley we covered the pupil area on her shooting glasses with a little patch of semi translucent fablon. This has completely corrected her problem