Thread: JSR bargain £7.95 red-dot sight.

JSR bargain £7.95 red-dot sight.

i just bought the above as an alternative to using open sights on a project rifle i am working on at the moment.

my first impressions of the unit were that for less than a tenner posted, it was of good build quality, clear sight picture and easy to use adjustments.

i was a little dubious about the strength of the mount and how recoil may affect it, but i will come to this later.

i mounted the sight on a mk4 meteor, turned the unit on and shouldered the rifle. The fist problem i found was that indoors, there was a double vision effect on the lens, this may be to do with the light levels, back light or some other factor but i couldn't shift it until i went outside.

once in good daylight, i had a picture as clear as i would if i weren't looking through a sight with a very pronounced red dot aim point. As i said to start, i bought this sight as a direct replacement for open sights and so far, it is doing just that.

i shot a small group at 15 yards and adjusted the sight, adjustment is smooth and is firm enough to withstand accidental knocks or gunbag rubbing to take it out of sync.

once zero'd, the sight kept its zero well, my initial concerns over the mounts was truly unjustified! How the sight will work once its been battered around the barns ratting is anyones guess but for the price, its easily replaced without too much wallet trauma!

in summary, this is probably the best 8 quid you could spend for a project springer, backyard plinker or a specific in-building rat rifle. I am very happy with the sight and will probably pick one up for another project i am working on too!!

very nice review sir, have to agree with you, its a little bargin of a sight. Regards.