Thread: Handicap

BigEars Guest

Handicap

Does anyone know of a reliable method for calculating handicaps in HFT. Next year we'd like to run a handicap comp in tandem with the club's summer competition. I think this will encourage members to improve their skills by competing, where before they'd just shrug and say "X will win it anyway; why bother".

Handicaps

Hi there,its a great idea.worked a treat at our club ,run for the first time this year at our Wed night summer series .
    You must be thick skinned and work it and handicap yourself as you see fit I used to handicap on there best ever score in a club comp or a National comp to a Max of +10 and a min of 0 or scratch if anyone at your club scored 60 .[we had 2 and they didnt like it much]
    win and its a 2 point less for next week but I would never cut the scratch if he won .We did the series for 5 weeks and really that was enough.
    Make it as much fun as pos we put a £1 in the kity and winner takes all ,shoot off on the night if its a draw
    Its worked on the same basis as golf handicaps
    I;m sure we will get about 25 shooting each WED night in our series next year and I;ll be taking the crap from them all moaning about the cuts but I can take it hope you can give it a try
    cheers Ian
    [Ian Bainbridge]

handicaps for comp

Why not create divisions with say 6 shooters in each division, based on average of last few scores, winners move up next time, bottom moves down, seems to work for postal competitions, good luck, have fun. ATB John
    AirArms Tx200 Mk111 .177, HW98 .22, Daystate X2sports .22, Beretta Silver Pigeon V 12G, Thomas Wild 12G SxS hammer, Beretta Trap 12G
    "Happiness is a warm barrel" doctordoom