Thread: Beretta 92fs.

Beretta 92fs.

Hi folks,

I have just become the proud owner of my first Co2 pistol ( a used Beretta 92) and was wondering if any of you experts out there could answer any of the following? :-

1, Best way to zero the pistol?.

2, How is it best to clean the barrel?, can you shoot the cleaning felts through it?.

3, How far can they be taken apart for cleaning and oiling?, are there any drawings available?.

4, Which pellet?.

5, Any tips?.

P.S The U.B.C site is fab and will be joing ASAP also going to print off the targets and rules and have a try at the postal comp.

All the best Steve.
    Swiftyx2
    Purleychase FT.
    EV2 mk2, Big Nikko. Beretta 92fs.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyx2 View Post
    Hi folks,

I have just become the proud owner of my first Co2 pistol ( a used Beretta 92) *1,
    Best way to zero the pistol?. ####

2, How is it best to clean the barrel?, can you shoot the cleaning felts through it?. ####*

3, How far can they be taken apart for cleaning and oiling?, are there any drawings available?. ########

4, Which pellet?. ########*

5, Any tips?. ############

P.S The U.B.C site is fab ############* and will be joing ASAP also going to print off the targets and rules and have a try at the postal comp.

All the best Steve.
    * Jammy sod I WANT 1
    #### on a rest
    ####* Be very careful, not rcommended!
    ######## www.gunspares.co.uk (have just about every parts list diagram)
    ########* I find that D&N Geco (RWS geco) are good for Co2's
    ############ Practice practice practice, and learn how to hold a pistol correctly (so many make this fatal mistake)
    ############* Why Thank you sir, I try my best (nice to be appreciated)

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Hi Steve, I think our Tony has covered most of the important stuff there, as for cleaning and stripping unless you have a real problem don't, they don't need it, i've got mine 2nd hand over a year ago and have never cleaned the barrell, stripped once as the barrel was moving about, apart from that a drop of oil every 3-4 months to keep it running smooth and thats all thats needed.

as for pellets every pistol (like every rifle) is different, just because they are the same model doesn't mean they will like the same pellets. Mine seems to like H&N match Kugeln or if i'm flush H&N High Speed Match Kugeln.

Tips like Tony said:

Practice practice practice, and learn how to hold a pistol correctly, and trigger control is essential, always squeeze with the fleshly part of your finger, not the tip and not the crease in the joint, both of this will cause the muzzle to move as you shoot.

and lastly welcome to the Gang.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Steve and welcome aboard!

I'll throw my two cents in:

1. Unless your model has the match sights fitted, you can only move the rear sight left and right by slackening off the allen grubscrew in the notch of the sight - an allen key should have been included in the box.

You shouldn't really need to zero it as such, though. When I got mine, I noticed that the rearsight was off centre and quite a few mil to the LEFT (can't have that, can we? ) and all I did was adjust it by lining the centre of the notch up with the central seam on the top of the action slide, where the two moulded halves of the action are joined.

2. Yes, although I've not yet bothered with mine.

3. I wouldn't dare personally. If you didn't get a manual when you bought the gun, you may find this useful.

4. I use RWS Hobby.

5. Practice, as has been said, and see whether double-action or single-action works best for you. In the comps, I cock the hammer for the first shot, and then shoot the other four pellets single-actiion, and I've found that works best for me - you'll need to experiment to find what you're comfortable with.

- Buy some extra mags if you only got two with the gun - I load four mags when shooting the main comp, but only shoot five pellets at each target with a mag change in between targets. I find not having to keep a running total of how many shots I have left in a mag makes it easier for me to concentrate on actually shooting, because I only ever have to count to five.

- The Beretta 92FS has a nifty CO2 venting feature for when you've finished shooting, which means you don't risk frostbitten fingers when removing the CO2 bulb - you can be sure that the bulb is completely empty before attempting to change or remove it.

a) Insert EMPTY rotary mag and close the breech.

b) Cock the gun by pulling the hammer all the way back with your thumb.

c) Pull back some more on the hammer until it won't go any further back, and whilst keeping hold of it, release the trigger and allow the hammer to return GENTLY.

d) Keep the pressure on the trigger, and you'll notice that the hammer has gone back, but still stands a few mil proud of it's usual position.

e) Still keeping the pressure up on the trigger, use one or both thumbs to press the hammer all the way into it's closed position. You should hear the gas venting harmlessly, and you can now safely remove the spent CO2 bulb.

Hope that helps, and happy shooting.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    The Beretta 92FS has a nifty CO2 venting feature for when you've finished shooting, which means you don't risk frostbitten fingers when removing the CO2 bulb - you can be sure that the bulb is completely empty before attempting to change or remove it.

a) Insert EMPTY rotary mag and close the breech.

b) Cock the gun by pulling the hammer all the way back with your thumb.

c) Pull back some more on the hammer until it won't go any further back, and whilst keeping hold of it, release the trigger and allow the hammer to return GENTLY.

d) Keep the pressure on the trigger, and you'll notice that the hammer has gone back, but still stands a few mil proud of it's usual position.

e) Still keeping the pressure up on the trigger, use one or both thumbs to press the hammer all the way into it's closed position. You should hear the gas venting harmlessly, and you can now safely remove the spent CO2 bulb.

Hope that helps, and happy shooting.

Mike.
    I did not know this, very impressive. Maybe i should have RTFM.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

I don't think it's in TFM Jason, I seem to recall reading about it on here ages ago, and it just stuck. Don't know if it'd work with any of the other Umarex pistols, but it can't hurt to try.

Big Thanks all !.

Gents,

Thanks for info it has been a big help.

Been having a play but need to get some more gas and some good pellets.

Have sorted out the site, it was over to the one side but shoots straight now? I hope!.

Can you remove the top slide? as mine looks a bit dry and got some crud under it.

Thanks again and looking at my groups you boys have nothing to worry about !
    "yet".

ATB Steve.
    Swiftyx2
    Purleychase FT.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyx2 View Post

Can you remove the top slide? as mine looks a bit dry and got some crud under it.

ATB Steve.
    Hi Steve there is a screw under the muzzle undo this and you can remove the slide. Don't lose the spring

atvb

Jason

Thanks.

Cheers Jason,

Just want to give her a clean and some oil!.
    Tell you what these pistols are fun, gone through 6 Co2 bottles since Sunday and tin of pellets, the other half is having a go and its getting a bit serious about who,s go it is and who is the best shot.LOL.

Will have to hide it, just incase she sneaks in some practice.

ATB Steve.
    Swiftyx2
    Purleychase FT.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    I got one of these a while ago, and really love using it!
    When mates come round, it's usually the Beretta that they all want a go on - even got my nephews and neice shooting fairly well (fully supervised).
    The only downside is the fairly loud muzzle crack, but the neighbours don't complain too much