Thread: Clone Auto Pistols

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Clone Auto Pistols

Who in your expert opinions manufactures the best quality Clone Auto Pistol for IPAS. In the past I have had all Umarex pistols, 2 @ CP 88 1 @ CP 99 and 1 @ Colt 1911, now I have a CP99 and CP 88 and I have experienced the same niggle with all of them. Sometimes when loading with a new loaded magazine the trigger seems to jam. Then follows a couple of ejections of the mag before every thing works as it should. Am I doing something wrong or does every one occassionaly have this problem. I cant see how this would be tolerated in the middle of a timed comp? Advice please.
    Alan

Talking

It happens. When you've dropped the mag in, with your thumb and first finger, give it a tiny rock L & R to seat. This can be done very quickly and would not slow down a speed load. Or, get yourself a Smith & Wesson 586. Way to go

atb Phil

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    I cant see how this would be tolerated in the middle of a timed comp? Advice please.
    Alan
    Some comps might allow for a "time out". The NEW UBC POLICE PISTOL COMP DUE TO START THIS COMING SATURDAY won't allow for same, since we're trying to simulate actual defensive firing conditions.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

That simple?. I will have to practice
    Alan

Schony you could consider the Umarex Beretta PX4. I only got mine today but I think the Mag. change could be very fast. Probably on par with airsoft auto pistols. Accuracy is not as good as S&W but is as good as CP88, which I also have. Uses gas a bit but I still got 3 mags (48 shots) before POI began to fall. In any case good enough for IPAS which If I remember rightly puts more emphasis on speed.
    For a novelty I and friend have been shooting the Police comp targets against the timer and then subtracting the times fron the score of hits. Encourages a fast but careful shot.

Wink okkkkkkkkk

alot of jams can be solved by seating the pellets,,sometimes they can fall out of the mag,,,inside the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Some comps might allow for a "time out". The NEW UBC POLICE PISTOL COMP DUE TO START THIS COMING SATURDAY won't allow for same, since we're trying to simulate actual defensive firing conditions.

Jim

Harsh, but fair Jim........ harsh but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    And rightly so. Thats what our type of shooting is about after all, simulate defensive firing. No rotten good if the mag jams on you, you is dead. Thats why I felt the need to address the problem, find out what causes it and correct it or avoid it if I can. Thanks Jim. I am now looking for a S+W 586 to give that a go also
    Alan
    "schony"

Yeah!

yeah that always happened with my cp88 i think it is quite common.
    =]
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

desert eagle?

have any of you guys had a umarex desert eagle if you have what are they like..?
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe! View Post
    have any of you guys had a umarex desert eagle if you have what are they like..?
    I love em,

Awsome fun

T
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)