Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baikal MP 651k modding..

Baikal MP 651k modding..

..I've drilled out the Co2 port on the valve and the gun itself. I'm awaiting a valve so I can strip it, (possibly) widen the internals, de-burr it and put it back together.

However, I'm bored having to wait. I've got a .177 Crosman barrel I'm going to try and fit. It'll mean drilling out where the barrel is fitted up to the seal, and the fore end of the barrel housing.

Wish me luck! (If it all goes Pete Tong, it goes in a big way!)
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

Thumbs up Phil from Brocock, I salute you!

I was on the blower to him today, and he's sending me a box of spares for this, so if anything DOES go wrong, at least it should be repairable..

Cheers Phil, much appreciated!

ATVB,

Rob

For anyone actually bothering to read this(can't think why. I only waffle shoite, anyways), take note.

If you drill something using a powerful drill, use a clamp. Not your hand. It can result in a whopping great bruise on two knuckles, and a large gash on your thumb. Oh, and it hurts like dry buggery too.

Forend drilled out to take 11mm Barrel though, so it ain't all bad news.

Wink okkkkkkkkkkkk

you will learn,,,as i did,,,by the way im following the progress,i would like to see pics when you finished

Quote Originally Posted by neil1972 View Post
    you will learn,,,as i did,,,by the way im following the progress,i would like to see pics when you finished
    At least there's someone! It's your old one, methinks(there's a ew Neils on here).

Phil at Brokock is sending me a box of spares for it too. It's either gonna be really really good, or absolutely positively crap.

Still, whiles away the quiet hours, and the only one getting injured is me
    Last edited by Shoves; 10-10-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Damaged hands amount to bad spelling.

There's more out here listening in to to see how you hurt yourself, I mean mod your pistola

Quote Originally Posted by northern35s View Post
    There's more out here listening in to to see how you hurt yourself, I mean mod your pistola
    Doesn't surprise me. I guess it's the human condition to laugh when people are hurt, but not too seriously...I know I suffer from it

the thing that seems to make the most difference on a co2 is barrel length, i fitted my old 7" drozd barrel on my mak, straight swap, then covered it with a dummy silencer instant 1.5ftpds and major increase in accuracy
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    the thing that seems to make the most difference on a co2 is barrel length, i fitted my old 7" drozd barrel on my mak, straight swap, then covered it with a dummy silencer instant 1.5ftpds and major increase in accuracy
    I'm swapping the standard one with a ratcatcher barrel, which I shortened by about two inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoves View Post
    which I shortened by about two inches.
    you did hold it in a vice I hope......

like to see piccies when you've finished Rob

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    you did hold it in a vice I hope......

like to see piccies when you've finished Rob

Russ
    Nope, Junior Hacksaw and an aluminium guide. Needs a wee bit of filing though

Will post pics when gun is complete(hopefully next week!), and again when the gun is Blinged with shiny bits, trueglow sights(If I can figure out a way to mount them), and a Silencer/Air stripper(Probably be asking UK Neil about these).

Rob

You've not recrowned it then?

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    You've not recrowned it then?

Russ
    Not yet, am doing it this arvo. Shouldn't take too long!

Dammit. Drilled a bit too far where the pellet goes into the barrel Will have to wait until the spares get here!

And again. Drilled a bit too far! I think I'll have to get the barrel through a lathe.

Side note, I've now got two spare(working) of these. Looks like I'll have to try another project when this one is completed!